Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Mom's Granite 2006 G6 GT Coupe is Totaled

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  quicklx9 
#1 ·
Saturday morning, 10-06-12 at almost exactly 1am the car was toast. 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe with 80,026 miles is gone. Mods: 6000K HID lows and fog lights. 38% tint all around, painted grilles, eyelids, LED interior conversion, DRL removal and plasti-dipped window trim.

Anyway, what happened is... She was on her way home from work. Not even a half a mile down the road she stops at the stop sign next to a black ford ranger, behind our local Zaxby's. It is a blind curve due to a fence blocking vision and how much the road to her left in the intersection turns. She pulled out after seeing nothing coming and bam. Spinning 90 degrees in the road and wondering "WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!?" when the airbag deployed. She said she looked up and saw the Nissan Versa (her most hated car) with its crumpled fender and said "f-ck!" Her car smoked and everything but it was over. She was okay, but had a little shoulder and back pain from the seatbelt.

The car still functioned other than starting. She got her CD's out of the CD Changer and listened to music. Only 2 of the HID kits survived and one needs a new spade connector. We salvaged a projector fog light, OEM floor mats, owners manual, bumper emblem, and the LED interior stuff. But now she is hoping insurance can fix it, which I doubt they can. Or the bank will allow her to get another loan for an 06 G6, but this one is a black GTP coupe. I told her I'm not so sure how much of a loan she could get due to being late on the car payment for the past few months and being late on her Wal-Mart credit card. I told her she is just REALLY lucky she didn't go any farther in that road because things could have been a lot worse. We just have a lot to sort out now.

See less See more
#4 ·
Ur gonna need a new front end.

#8 ·
I know man, she's looking at Accord Coupes and a few other G6's now. I just let her know she is seriously lucky.

And to the guy about the rims. No we don't have them as insurance took the car... We are getting the loan paid off soon. Anyone know of any new cars with payments under $300 and next to no down payment lol? (Like $400)

#7 ·
With a bent frame like that, its gonna be totaled.

#9 ·
All that really depends on the dealer you go to, And if your looking to get used or new at that point. I hate how the insurance still takes the car, all they do is sell it off for parts to recoup some of the money they spent to pay the loan off.

Thank god GM put more airbags in the G6. went from a ridiculously low rating to something that saves lives.

I'm sure you can find a car within that payment scheme.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.