Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - hope someone here knows about this - my Monsoon sound system in my '08 GXP has separate channels/wiring for the woofers and tweeters.

So, is there a built-in electronic crossover in the head unit/amplifier? If so, does anyonne know what the crossover frequency is, or where I can find out information like this?

Also, is it a 2 Ohm system? I saw a sticker on the woofer housings in the doors that say 2 Ohm, so maybe the answer is obvious, but I want to make certain.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yes it is a 2 ohm system. Imo just scrap the whole thing and start from scratch with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean scrap the whole factory sound system? No - way too much money and work, and i don't want to lose functionality - I just wanted to upgrade the speakers - I'm going to scrap the crossover components I put in and run the drivers directly off the wires and see if there is any difference.

But thanks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You should see some gain in volume (if that's what you're after), but you'll never get the full output you would with a stock speaker. Also note, if you havent checked already, that there are 4 wires connected to the rear speakers, with one set carrying low frequencies and the other high frequencies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts