Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the standard moonroof in my 2008 G6, and when going over expansion joints or sharp bumps, my moonroof cover made an awful vibration/rattling noise. It doesn't matter whether it is open or closed either. It seems like it's fairly tight near the front, but the cover's material seems to be extremely cheap and flimsy.

I took it to the dealer once because both the headliner and the moonroof cover were rattling, and they fixed the headliner but didn't seem to fix the cover. Should I take it back to the dealer? it's still under warranty. I thought about putting some dynamat on the top to quiet the noise.

I searched for this topic on here but did not find anything or solutions on this particular issue. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've noticed mine rattles as well. I also drive an 08. No clue how to fix the annoyance, haven't really looked into it either though, sorry.

JT

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had this issue with an 00 Monte Carlo and it turned out to be a broken clip on the visor itself that was causing the rattling. Don't know if it is the same problem, but sounds very familiar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts