Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i finally got in contact with someone at the GM district office and they said my car should be good to go. Well it's not i called the dealership and they said the got the PCM installed the car started up and ran. The catch is when the depressed the brake they said it cut off fuel supply to my car. I contacted the district office again they called the dealership and got more info. They called me back and told me they had a GM sevice engineer going out there to find out whats causing the failure. Then he mentioned that whatever is causing the failure may or may not be covered under warranty. If you guys have any information regarding whether or not its covered would help tremendously. I personally think it should because the computer would be telling it to do so, but thats just me. So again any information will help and Thank you to everyone again.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Alright so i finally got in contact with someone at the GM district office and they said my car should be good to go. Well it's not i called the dealership and they said the got the PCM installed the car started up and ran. The catch is when the depressed the brake they said it cut off fuel supply to my car. I contacted the district office again they called the dealership and got more info. They called me back and told me they had a GM sevice engineer going out there to find out whats causing the failure. Then he mentioned that whatever is causing the failure may or may not be covered under warranty. If you guys have any information regarding whether or not its covered would help tremendously. I personally think it should because the computer would be telling it to do so, but thats just me. So again any information will help and Thank you to everyone again.
Regarding posting to the forum:
This post & your last one should be in the original thread that you started on this issue. One issue, one thread. Otherwise, we have to go looking through your old threads to figure out what you're talking about in the new thread.

I posted in your original thread that the PCM on your car & on all cars since 1995 is covered under the 8/80 Federal emissions warranty. IIRC, I posted the link to that document. The dealer is fully aware of this. I can't explain why they are giving you the runaround.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Regarding posting to the forum:
This post & your last one should be in the original thread that you started on this issue. One issue, one thread. Otherwise, we have to go looking through your old threads to figure out what you're talking about in the new thread.

I posted in your original thread that the PCM on your car & on all cars since 1995 is covered under the 8/80 Federal emissions warranty. IIRC, I posted the link to that document. The dealer is fully aware of this. I can't explain why they are giving you the runaround.
This.

Also, if the problem becomes non-PCM related, like say a wire is shorted or something, then it won't be covered. Don't let them charge you for replacing that PCM though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts