Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Mother's Hardcore Enthusiast Kit from Amazon and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what products to use first during the detailing process

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Kit includes Car Wash, California Gold Clay Bar System (2 bars, Showtime Instant Detailer, and microfiber towel), Reflections Car Wax, Spray Wax, Top Coat, Tire Care, Leather Care, Wheel Mist, and Back-To-Black

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/MOTHERS-04150-Mothers-Hardcore-Enthusiast/dp/B001U3LZPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1282760161&sr=8-1[/ame]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw that kit, too -- it's a pretty good deal, though I have all of the products already and they're all good.

If your wheels are dirty enough to use the wheel cleaner, just make sure you use it only on factory clearcoated wheels. (It should be the new Foaming All Wheel & Tire Cleaner and not the old Wheel Mist pictured.) Make sure they are cool. Clean and rinse one wheel at a time by spray on the tire, then the wheel in a sweeping motion to get better coverage. Agitate with a brush if necessary. Rinse with a strong rinse. Dry and inspect for compatiblity, and do the other 3 wheels if the coast is clear.

Wash the body with the car wash in a bucket of suds (1 oz. per gallon) and a sheepskin mitt. Sheeting rinse from top to bottom. Dry with a waffle-weave microfiber towel.

Apply Back-to-Black to the trim with a microfiber or cotton terry towel or applicator (don't wipe dry -- let it set until you're done detailing)

Use the clay bar kit -- very easy to use as directed.

Apply Reflections Car Wax -- it's very easy-on, easy-off -- a foam applicator will probably work best, but microfiber is fine too. You can apply over the whole vehicle (even in the sun) if you want and then wipe off with microfiber.

Apply Reflections Top Coat -- this is also very easy-on, easy-off -- again, a foam applicator will probably work best, but microfiber is fine too. Work in sections so it doesn't dry too hard -- inspect with a light sweeping motion of your finger and if it removes clear, you're ready to remove with a microfiber.

The Tire Care I usually spray lightly and distribute with an applicator -- it's a great natural look dressing so you don't have to use too much.

The Leather Care is great for all of your interior leather and vinyl -- vacuum the seams of the seats first, and then apply and wipe with a microfiber.

Then buff the Back-to-Black -- apply a small amount if necessary. You'll also note that any wax you might have slopped on the trim will come right off.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found some videos that may be helpful...

Wheel & Tire Cleaner...

Car Wash...

Back-to-Black...

Clay Bar...

Wax (same process with your wax)...

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel better thats exactly how i did it lol..Today I finished it up with the wax and the top coat and the g6 is looking so good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts