Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to buy racingline performance motor mount inserts .. does anyone have motor mount inserts tht woulb be able to give me some feedback on how they perform on the g6?

·
4,062 Posts
i have the street version. I love them. you can really feel the difference. id definitly recomend them. especially since they are pretty inexpensive. Oh and ive heard people not to happy with the race series because they vibrate alot.

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
i have the street version. I love them. you can really feel the difference. id definitly recomend them. especially since they are pretty inexpensive. Oh and ive heard people not to happy with the race series because they vibrate alot.
Can you link me to your street version? Would greatly appreciate it. Or you could PM it.

Dillon :cool:

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I too would recomend them. The steering wheel seemed to have more vibration, but I liked it because it feels like your getting a greater feedback from the engine. At lower RPM's it sounds a little more agressive, a slightly deeper tone. Better throttle response. It also seemed to have different shift points, but that might have been something I just never really picked up on before. I also tested my gas milage over a 25 mile stretch on the interstate and got about 2 MPG better.

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
Just ordered the Motor Mount and Strut Bar - $155.47 w/ shipping and handling. These better make a difference! :D

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
I was also interested in those, but have a few questions. How hard are they to install? I am pretty good with working on cars but I just want to make sure. Is it really worht the time and money?
Thanks

·
4,062 Posts
the front is easy its the rear that gives people problems. I remember reading that they were having problems with the inital loosening of the bolts and getting the bolts to line up when reinstalling, loosening them up wasnt too bad and i didnt have a problem getting them to line up. so i guess i got lucky? it might have been the larger engines that had more problems.

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the great responses ... i went ahead and ordered them ... hopefully my g6 dosent rattle apart after i install them ...

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@waterfowler76-i ordered the race serious ...

@daniel-thanks for the great feedback ... 3.9 have different bolts?

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
I ordered my motor mount inserts (STREET) for a 2007 G6 GT 3.5. Am I going to have a hard/difficult time installing these? Whats up with all these bolts and stuff?

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Daniel-I have auto with manual mode ...
@dwhiteg6gt-From what i heart the front is easy but the back is a little bit of a pain ... check out the ho to thread i think they have a write up ...

·
Registered
53 Posts
mine didnt have the same bolts. it might because its a manual. but it has 5 in the front. not 3. and from what i can tell it has 5 in the back too.

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@6shift-i think the manual has different bolts cause its a different tranny ... cause these are acually tranny mount inserts i think cause there mounted to the tranny ... but im not sure ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts