Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT with the 6-cd changer and Monsoon system. Can this audio system play cd's with MP3 format? (100's of songs on one cd)??

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT with the 6-cd changer and Monsoon system. Can this audio system play cd's with MP3 format? (100's of songs on one cd)??
I have the exact same car and stereo. MP3 capable stereo's were available for the G6 in that year, but weren't common. In other words, just plop in a CD with MP3's and see if it works. I didn't get that option when I got my vehicle, so you may not have it either, but no harm in checking..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just get an 08 radio and use the aux to play your MP3's with your aftermarket
iPod or Zune or ???
well I was actually just wanting to use mp3 to burn a cd with like 200 songs on it for a trip this weekend, but I guess I will survive with my 6 cd changer haha. Thanks for the info lampoon :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
No it cant. The 2009.5 cars have the new bowtie radio that will play the MP3's.
thats true but according to my window sticker on my 08 gxp my radio was worded the same way as my friends base model cobalt cd player mp3 format his plays them mine dont ive been fighting with the dealer and give me the bs line that that stands for the aux port :mad:

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
They messed up your window sticker? If they keep that up they will go out of business.
oh wait..... :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts