Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Just got my new (to me of course) 07' G6 GT Sedan. I would realy like to increase the average mpg as much as possible. I know a good bit about cars but I also know that every car is different so I would like to know from you all G6 owners what kind of mpg increases you have calculated from various upgrades. I'm thinking about installing a CAI and new exhaust to get her breathing better and am figuring about a 2-4 mpg gain from this. 3-4 mpg is probably worth the $1000 to me but not 2. If anybody has other proven techniques, please advise.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm also concered about how the computer will react to the increased air flow in and out. Is the computer adaptive at all? If not, will I run lean all the time? Could these upgrades potentially hurt my mpg average?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
The 4 cyl has problems with CAI, but your GT's V6 should be fine with the mod. With my custom intake and exhaust I also purchased a tune to bring them all together and have noticed a 2-3 mpg improvement. I get 23-25 around town and 28-30 HWY pending weather and my mood while driving my GTP. Yes you can get worse MPGs by opening the exhaust up too much causing a lose in lowend torque which in turn will reduce the mpgs. With the CAI it is also possible if you dont have a air box for it or route it into the bumper so it is not sucking in hot air from the engine compartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts