Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
You guys should check out my exhaust. I have a y-pipe after the resonator, and that's it. No muffler, no restrictions after the resonator. It sounds like a Mustang GT does basically. Not loud until you give it any kind of gas, and a rumble when you let off the throttle. The performance increase is amazing. I would estimate and easy 15hp. BTW, the tips are 3.5" rolled chrome anglecut tips.

Included is a pic of the GTP rear fascia installed on the stock G6 exhaust also.

I have an SE with every mod out there so far, and am waiting to have my new springs installed to drop it 1.7"s all around.

I've got the intake, CArbonfiber interior and exterior, ceramic coated engine covers and exhaust shields, chrome 17"s from the GTs. GTP rear fascia, underground lighting kit, speaker system, HID lighting, and more.

Here's how you get the resonator off. Step 1. Let the car cool down. Step 2. Plug in reciprocating saw. Step 3. Apply saw to exhaust and repeat as needed. Aside from that you have to unbolt the exhaust after the cats and un hang the muffler then cut the muffler off and pull the whole exhaust out. Not the easiest thing to do, but quite barbaric. There is no easy way, since the pipes were welded in place.

I also paid $67 for my fascia, and that is the going price....congrats on getting a hook up to get it for 44.50.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The y-pipe was custom made, and only cost around $70. The tips were $25 a piece and I purchased them from Promuffler in Arizona. They may have a website. There is no brand stamping on them, but they are sweet. And at 3.5"s they really fill up the gaps.

I do not have audio clips, because I do not know how to do that. Anyone know how to do it easily, and would it really do the sound justice.

The carbon fiber kit is awesome, and mine comes with way more parts than the dealers, and was about half as much. I paid around $250 for the interior and exterior kit. I'll post some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's a picture of the underside of the exhaust for those curious souls.

The stock diameter of the exhaust pipes are 2 1/4"

Those are the stock boxes, simply ceramic coated, and they were only coated for a cleaner look. The heat shield I was referring to is the one that is bolted on the exhaust manifold right below the air intake. I do not have a clear picture, since it is now blocked by the intake.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.