Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Multiple Annoyances
How do I get a new remote? the unlock button kept gong out, now the board portion of the remote is cracked an dthe battery is taped in. I don't even use the remote anymore.

Been to the dealer 3 time for the tire pressure sensors. Each time they reset them, my tires still read wrong. If it says front right tire is going flat, it will be back left. Tried yanking cables from battery. Tried leaving it running and disconnect ground. still same issue going on.

Blinker never cuts off. I turn I have to manually push it back to the middle.

Gas mileage just recently went to heck while gas prices are up. Could be the season thing they do with gas. Not sure.

·
Registered
88 Posts
50$ to reprogram the remote maybe a bit different over where your at.
50$ each for tpms sensor if its what you need for your tires.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How do I get a new remote? the unlock button kept gong out, now the board portion of the remote is cracked an dthe battery is taped in. I don't even use the remote anymore.
Can the battery arm still be re-soldered to the board? That's your cheapest option. Common issue.

Been to the dealer 3 time for the tire pressure sensors. Each time they reset them, my tires still read wrong. If it says front right tire is going flat, it will be back left. Tried yanking cables from battery. Tried leaving it running and disconnect ground. still same issue going on.
What is dealer's explanation for that?

Blinker never cuts off. I turn I have to manually push it back to the middle.
Replace your turn signal switch. Not expensive or very difficult. Common issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is dealer's explanation for that?

"We fixed it" all of the tires at the exact same air pressure.

and the re-soldered arm actually sounds like a great idea. but I doubt my abilities. may as well give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
there is a method to re-learn the TPMS to each location, RF,LF,RR,LR... The way I know how though is to do it using the remote.... There is another way to do it through the stereo but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work...

My turn signal switch has been replaced 3 times because it would stop canceling after a turn. So Yep! A common problem. Luckily it was still under warranty every time. But the next time it happens I'll be paying for it and doing it. haha

If you want to try and repair your fob it's actually pretty easy, but if you don't feel comfortable I'll be happy to solder it for you... Where are you located? If not near by you can send it to me, shipping should be relatively cheap, (a lot cheaper then a new one) I don't mind doing it, I like soldering and such. And then you won't need to reprogram. And I can send it back to you.

But with it being not used for long enough it could possibly still require reprogramming, but I can't be sure. and as for one button not working it could just require a good cleaning to fix that,

By cracked do you mean it's in two pieces? Or is the little metal battery tab simply disconnected from the board?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've gotten them to work with a good wipe down of both the board and button pad using some rubbing alcohol, but for that price why not make it look brand new too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts