Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 , base model 2.4 liter, I have had 3 broken half shafts on the driver's side , new control arms, both, wheel bearing, both links, and struts,tie rod ends plus a rebuilt and transmission and alignmemt ,What would keep causing my axle to break ? Btw it breaks in the nuckel closest to the transmission ... HELP !!!

·
2007 gt retractable
285 Posts
id buy a different brand of axle.is it possible your mechanic is doing something wrong causing the axles to break?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a different brand, new info, pinch bolt on the knuckle/ball joint on the control arm, keeps popping out , that's what broke the axle but what would make it come out, ball joint is new, controll arm, only happens when making a sharp right turn ?

·
08 convertible
208 Posts
If this started happening after a new control arm was installed, most likely control arm was installed improperly.
I remember the control arm installation required several things to be installed to torque specs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Flesh this out: ,' pinch bolt on the knuckle/ball joint on the control arm, keeps popping out '
The pinch bolt needs to be aligned correctly to engage the ball joint and retain it. This seems to read that the ball and knuckle are separating, causing the axle to break? If that is the case, the ball joint pinch bolt isn't being installed properly to engage.
Am I reading this correctly?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts