Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 3.9L GT 6 speed manual and i am looking for some mods to give me more bang for my buck. I did some searching on google i found a chip don't know if its real or fake. I looking for some sort of turbo or s/c and anything else that can help me out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks! I had a lot a time on my hands when i was out to sea for 159 days straight. Apparently it came from Michigan. I was also thinking of taking the exhaust and bringing it out the sides right before the tires any recommendation on that?

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
I think its a G6. Not a race car. No point in re-routing the exhaust. All the chips you find on the internet are garbage. Get ur ECM tuned from WAM or Vector. Buy a CAI. Injen, K&N or CRABS. You could attempt a turbo or supercharger but ive read that its been attempted but no one knows if successfully. The best thing you can do is the stuff i mentioned above and get a new exhaust system. I hear GT-R is real good.

·
1badgtp
10 Posts
are there any mods besides bold on for a 3.9 gtp becasue i can't find any thing i have an intakte and gas saver chip and a tornado and got a little power but i want some thing to really set my gtp apart from others ....any ecu's or cams or intake manifolds any thing to bring this thing to life???? i'm just haveing a hard time finding after market for this car and it's sad becase i really love the car.........

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
You could do a tune, i have seen manifolds but they arent cheap

·
1badgtp
10 Posts
so ther is no real engine mods for this i'v seen turbo's but there all universal and i want to keep my power steering and ac i had to lose both when i did it ti my 92 civic and it really blew rying to park the car or even a chip upgrade for higher rev or shut down changer???? i'm new to pontiac i have allways had hondas with all the after market you could dream for

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
there isn't much more than tune, headers, air intake, exhaust, ive seen one turbo application other than that pontiacs weren't really made to modify....well our model wasnt

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
... I have a... gas saver chip and a tornado ....
I think those may actually be hurting your performance.

Without spending BIG bucks you limited to a tune (not a chip) and an exhaust.
You said you already had an intake....

G6 Lover is on the money. The G6 is not cost effective to put it into the musclecar arena. Its cheaper to buy something else that already is.

However, you can upgrade the motor mounts and with a quality tune and a good exhaust you can make the most of what you have.

The headers (OBX & whatnot) for our applications have very bad reviews.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts