Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
u sprayed the housing of your headlights? Dude i wanna do that, what year is your car and can u tell me how u did it? I read somewhere they only recommend doing it on the 05-06 models on g6performance i think..& Why only the rain guards on the front windows out of curiosity?

Looks good tho what u doin to it next?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well this weekend i am painting the rims black =]
as for the rain guards they came with the car and haven't thought about getting them for the back but ill look into it

but for the headlights i have a 05
im sure there is a how-to around here some where but if you cant find it lemme know and ill tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i painted my rims black myself too...very easy. takes a little while to do but its not hard.
Rain guards are about 90$ or so at autozone...Yea they say that 05-06 years r easy to do but after that the sealant is different and hella hard to get it off/ re-seal so i think i might have to go with a different approach lol. idk yet...

GL on the rims tho!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any headlights you take a apart its going to be hard to take the sealant off. if i was you ill do it but thats just me..lol

but what all did u to do to paint them

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the rim was some old rim i had layin around so i decided to paint it b4 i start to paint the ones on the g6, just to see what it looks like::
But if you have any advice about painting the chrome techs feel free to share =]

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
no advise here, i was hopin you could shed some time... the only work ive seen done on a chrom tech was professionally done and the guy who had them done said the painter wasnt a fan of doing it... umm reverttheclown plasti dipped his, and im not familiar with that stuff and actually have know idea what it is, you'd have to ask him how its held up so far

EDIT: my info is way off.. it wasnt revert. i cant find it.. it was someone with the same color car tho

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh i see:: well i don't have the kind of money for a professional to do it. So im just going to see what i can work with, did everything else on my car by myself why not do the rims you know: but if i find a way ill let you know

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im not a painter at all but have done body work before on my previous mustangs. You would have to scuff the rim down or any surface in fact to get the blemish's out,dirt, ruff edges etc, etc. Make sure that it is dirt and oil free or other wise it will not stick and run off. Then you can spray down some primer and if you want to go balls out sand down the primer with fine grit and then spray the color down and then gloss if desirable. This should give you a general idea but can find more info online. And you can find the primer,paint, and gloss at an auto store. Hope it helps

1 - 20 of 25 Posts