Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tinted the windows 20% all round, gonna tint the tails, got vinyls coming from rvynil in new York, want to do eyelids, but first set I bought didn't come close to matching. Got bored today so I painted the calipers. Black vinyled the arrows on front and back and wheels. Gonna do red LEDs inside and a carbon fiber dash kit soon. I think I'll paint the battery cover and engine cover tommorrow weather permitting. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx guys

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Sounds like you got a good idea goin.
This is where I got my eyelids:
http://www.autotrimdesign.net/Headlight_Eyelid_Decals_for_Pontiac_G6.asp
They're offered in a lot of colors and flakes, They also give out sample patches so you can color match before ordering. I like they way they look too. They follow the body line from the fender and come down a little further.

What color did you paint the calipers? and what were your thoughts on the engine and battery covers? Colors and such.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got high temp engine enamel and went with red, thought about yellow but wasn't brave enough, and will probably go with red as well, maybe a K&N filter but not sure what else. Maybe a spoiler for the back and something under the front end, it looks like it sits pretty high up or maybe it's me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea thinking of putting those hash type fender stripes on, what do you think? Driver side only, both sides or no?

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
I have those stripes on mine :) my calipers are that color blue, and so are my wires and CRAB intake, my Pontiac emblems are black and so are my lights and grille, no chrome... my front license plate is also blue and black "g6" it says :) bit I love my stripes, they are different!

Sent from my MB520

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those stripes look great now im thinking maybe one black and one silver, decisions, decisions....

·
179 Posts
Thank you, again I love them!

Sent from my MB520

·
!
127 Posts
I really like the look of the hash stripes,and have thought about doing this myself in silver. However I believe that these are considered Grand Sport Stripes, and are typically only found on Chevy Grand Sport edition Vehicles. like the Corvette GS. To me it's like putting an SS logo on a Pontiac.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what your saying, on the special edition corvettes is where I've seen them. Blue corvette with usually red or red and silver hash stripes on only the driver side, so both sides I say to each his own, I think I'm gonna do it, can always peel them off.

·
179 Posts
Well the way i see it is its no different than this ... my boyfriends is the 4th generation. Any car can have any stripes :)

Sent from my MB520

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I say it's your car, do what you want, gonna try hash stripes.....

·
179 Posts
Sounds good, its just vinyl and can be easily removed!

Sent from my MB520

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question is two black stripes or one black one silver hmmmmm

·
179 Posts
At first I had one black and one silver but then I wanted blue calipers :) so I changed lol.. again its just vinyl try them both! And wisdom I agree I like those :)

Sent from my MB520

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been busy, painted engine and battery covers, calipers, tails and eyelids, next hash stripes and spoiler...

·
!
127 Posts
your engine bay looks pretty cool. are there letters on that cover? I painted the letters on mine with a brush and some silver. I am pleased with the results I should have color sanded the lettering though.

·
179 Posts
Looks good! Love the red and black!

Sent from my MB520

1 - 20 of 21 Posts