Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im looking to spend some money on performance.
You guys have any recomendations on what I could do next?

so far: Hood/cold air. wams 91 oct. tune, catback exhaust, drill/slotted rotors, eibach lowering springs w/ KYB struts.

I was thinking about the raceline strut tower brace, but after springs and struts, it handles way better than the power that it makes. any ideas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm ill consider the STB then. As for the MMI's, are those really necessary? I feel like not much can come from my motor just sitting firmer in the engine bay..

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I know I sound like a broken record, But lowering a car just makes it look sooooo niiiiiice!

Honestly for the MMIs I didn't think they would improve the handling, but I guess it could help keep the engine from moving more and help it put the power down better and such.

I would assume though that because the mounts would be stiffer... the would transmit more vibrations through the car, So you may feel the engine and trans working more then with the stock mount inserts.

Because the mounts would be stiffer it would probably help during burnouts too. Minimize wheel hop and keep it more stiffer and leveled out.

I would have done it to my G6 but I cant find inserts to fit the 2.4 and I've come to learn that the mounts in the 2.4 G6 are different from the ones in the 2.4 cobalt. Oh well

I got a torque damper that I plan to install... Thing is I have to modify the mounting plates to make it fit, But once done it should improve the engines ability to keep the power down and limit excess movements. Plus it'll make the engine bay look cooler haha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd really just like some more ponies haha. I'm already robbed of power because of my mile high elevation here in Colorado:/

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well since your in a higher elevation and the air is thinner then the solution is obvious... you need to add forced induction, Turbo or Supercharger. That'll surely cure the thin-air syndrome your car suffers from! :D:D:D:D

I noticed from your sig U did intake, exhaust, and a tune. So that's all you have left to do! haha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Forced induction unfortunately is the way to go at this elevation. 2 liter turbo cars are often as fast or faster than my g6. The ones with work done to them, forget about it. Damn ricers haha. We need a procharger and a trans upgrade!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts