Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my 2009 G6 Base, So far the only mods i've really done was de-badging the rear, and a little chrome mod on the front. I plan to tint the rear lights, and windows. and add eye lids. Not sure what else. Toying around with the idea of chrome handles, but not sure yet.
Lemme know whatchya think!

Attachments

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts
i like the grille. where did you get the chrome strips?

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i pretty much decided against the chrome door handles, but as far as the grill goes, im pretty satisfied with how it came out.

All I did was go and get some chrome door edging. You can find it at Wal-mart and im sure any auto parts store, It comes in a pack with two strips. They have a slit along one edge, and glue on this inside. I basically just lined it up and put it out, then cut off the extra at an angle to fit better. Didnt take longer then a half hour and it looks great. i have some pics i can post if anyone has any questions...

Oh and as a final bit i put some super glue on each end before i put the chrome piece in place for good, just an added measure so i know it wont begin to come off, then peel all off from there. Really easy stuff..

It took me three packages with a total of 6 strips. and it cost under 10 bucks

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts
You know i was at the auto parts store and seen that door edging, cause i was going to do the same thing. but it didnt look wide enough, so i didn't get it. thanks for the confirmation. i will have to do that and let you know. thanks again.

· CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts
nice 6 bud

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey im glad you all like it, and yea feel free to steal it and use it on your car. Im not here to show off my ride, but to do what makes it look nice, and share what i can with whoever!

And i think it looks loads better then what they offer as a chrome package.

With this, its not too much chrome, but just the right touch to keep that bottom grill from looking so blan.

I like to think it almost gives the car whiskers...kind of haha :p

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I forgot about this thread haha.
I searched on amazon "chrome door edge" and got a bunch of results.
I'm sure you'll find many sites that sell it. Its also in most walmarts and auto parts stores.

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That trim looks like it'll work. I can't tell if its U shaped to fit on the edge as it should, if so then it should work fine.

For the pillars I'd go with the chrome add on piece instead of the tape. IMO the tape probably won't come out smooth and may look worse after some weathering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.