Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice. Got any mods in the works or planned yet?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shes pretty much a stocker. but i wanted maybe improve the performance some. was thinking about a better intake, exhaust and maybe programmer to kick out that governor lol.

it would also seem i need to replace the stock radio. mine just died :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
Theres a ton of aftermarket radios, and some reviews on here. Just search around. But if you're gonna get a tune (programed), and you plan on doing the intake and exhaust, get the intake and exhaust first, because the tune needs to be programed for it. The best intake is Crabs. (crabintakes.com), the best tune is WAMS (just google pontiac g6 WAMS), and as for the exhaust, that is all a matter of opinion.
If any question come up, try searching first, and if you can't find it, post it. There is a large amount of knowledge on this site, and everyone is here to help each other.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
an intake alone will make your engine sound and feel a lot nicer! Getting one like a crabs can help make it look realllllly nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
an intake alone will make your engine sound and feel a lot nicer! Getting one like a crabs can help make it look realllllly nice
been a little since i was here but yeah im hoping that will improve WOT takeoff. as it sits now if i take off at a quarter to half throttle she gets up and goes. but if i nail it, she creeps off. seems a little backwards. i was told that the TCS is to blame for this but i havent tried this with the system off

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
oh, If you plan to launch it at WOT you should turn the TC off. It'll let the wheels spin and let it take off. You'll know when it's interfering, it'll flash a light and say something the DIC. haha

Which motor do you have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh, If you plan to launch it at WOT you should turn the TC off. It'll let the wheels spin and let it take off. You'll know when it's interfering, it'll flash a light and say something the DIC. haha

Which motor do you have?
ah i tried it this morning against an eclipse, TC was on. light turned green, i nailed it, got a mild takeoff with no alerts from the system (eclipse was half a length ahead of me by the time mine decided to wake up and run) and then after a second it sparked to life.

i got the 3.5L

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
An Intake can very well solve that. I can't say for sure. I just know that once I installed an intake onto my 2.4 the off the line launch was snappier. After the tune it really launches!

·
Griff
2 Posts
Hi I'm new to the club, I also have an 09 G6 GT a little over 70k miles. Its stock right now and I want to begin makin some changes. I want to start by getting HID headlights and fog lights. But I'm sure on where I should go to get them or how to even install them. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Hi I'm new to the club, I also have an 09 G6 GT a little over 70k miles. Its stock right now and I want to begin makin some changes. I want to start by getting HID headlights and fog lights. But I'm sure on where I should go to get them or how to even install them. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
1. start with NOT thread jacking other peoples progressions.
2. start with ebay! they have everything

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
It's alright it happens, But all in all you'll have better luck getting your questions answered if you start your own thread. This way you and others don't have to dart around other people's threads to get info across.

eBay and amazon are both great places. A lot of people like to get their HID kits from DDMTuning.com Seems to be of good lasting quality. Install is really a breeze, you just need to find a place to mount the ballasts and such. A lot of people like to go with 55w so it's a more powerful light but I like to go 35w to minimize issues with the ballasts and keep the heat down. As well as prevent having to use a relay and secondary circuit.

If you search around the forums you'll find some install how-to's that will get you going. Also youtube is a great resources

1 - 16 of 16 Posts