Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my car started everyday for the last year that I've had it. I go out the other day to go to work, and it wouldn't start. it tried to turn over for 5 seconds, then I got a fast clicking sound. then i get clicking sounds everytime i try to start it.

My alternator is charging the battery, the battery holds a charge, and my starter has already been replaced (first thing I noticed was that the starter is not the same one GM puts in their cars). Now it only starts when it is slaved off another battery. I get lights and radio, so the battery isn't dead. So here is my question...What is wrong with my car if it cant start under its own power???

·
Token Asian
28 Posts
It's the battery, it can keep a charge any day, but whether or not it has enough cold cranking amps to start on its own is another, try taking a battery off another vehicle and see if it starts then if so voila if it continues then it might be a bad ground. Seeing its 6 years old and most batteries get 5 I think its about time.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of your negative grounds might have rotted up.. It happened on my civic.. Check all the negatives coming from the battery and see if any of them are corroded

1 - 3 of 3 Posts