Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first thread ive been looking and reading alot on everybodys 6's and they all look amazing. Modding my G6 is been something iv done from the beginning and iv really wanted to keep going with it. So far iv done a front pontiac decal, hammerhead spoiler, CRAB intake, and a set of red streetglow.For me its all about making my G6 my own and setting myself apart from the pack, and just sticking out! Let me know what u guys think, im gunna post more pics as i progress.

Thanx!!!!

Attachments

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Hellz yeah! Off to a great start. Time to clean up that engine bay. It's looking rough.

I'm not a big fan of the giant decal, but that's just me. You should get us a rear picture of your car and the red streetglow. Gotta see that spoiler from behind right? :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx guys. Ive heard mixed reviews on the front decale. Some say it looks dumb but most really like it. I lkike it because when someone i know is driving down the road they know its me! I like sticking out like that haha Ill work on getting pictures of the back and the red underglow. Iv been finding it hardf to get a good pic of the underglow tho.

And the hammerhead spoiler, i couldnt tell ya lol I got it installed for me at a garage. Didnt wanna risk screwing something that major up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx again for everyone's feedback. Im gunn abe cleaning up the engine this weekend likely. Its been a long winter!

Im having a hard time deciding what to do next. I really want the eagle eyes, but i also want the GT-R exhaust. I know they are bnoth completely different things and prices lol I dont know if i want to go for looks or performance next. Any suggestions?!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Great looking vehicle! I was in the same situation - I ended up adding 'eyelashes' to my head lights (taped off along that line and bodymatched the color ) and then went with the GT-R. Can't wait to see the progression!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, im deffinetly leaning more toward the exhaust! Ive heard everyone say how amazing it is, but i also heard they were on back order. Oh well, gives me time to save up some $$$$

·
Registered
17 Posts
Or if you have a good exhaust shot in the area you could explore replacing from the cat back with a glass back in place of the resonator and a 80 series flowmaster for the exhaust. Have the exhaust shot custom bend the rest (make sure they use mandrel bends instead of crush bends!). You might just be able to save enough to do both! Granted I know the owner - but that is what I was going to do with my G6 when I bought one but instead I'll be doing it with the Grand Am I just bought after I finish stuffing the new motor in it! (which just so happens to be from a G6!! lol)

I'm not taking anything away from the GT-R, its an awesome proven design and system that's easy to install. But there are plenty of others to replace their exhaust with other systems such as the one I mentioned!

But, go with what YOU want - not what everyone else tells you. Unless your just plain making a bad decision that's going to make you lose power! :eek:

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,353 Posts
Actually my first exhaust replacement was in fact just that.
I ended up swapping it out for GT-R. World of difference.

So believe all you want about doing your own thing but I would have saved allot of $$
had I done the GT-R from the get go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya i have heard so many good things about the gt-r. I deff dont want a ricey sound and from what i have read, the gt-r is the way to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a hard time believing that another exhaust system wouldn't yield the same results. Perhaps left untuned, the GTR ends up working better then another system - but other then that scenario its in everyones heads. (The I have it it so its the best mentality)

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,353 Posts
Im not here to change your mind and obviously you can get what you want.
Im just sharing my experience.
I have it so its the best mentality? Huh?
Whats wrong with experience? Ive had 3 exhausts on my G6.
Stock, magnaflow, flowmaster then the GT-R.

I have experience with MANY exhausts on my other cars.
Hands down the GT-R rocks.....but you will be like me and go and waste your
money trying to figure it out. Which is a good thing cause I hate to be
the only idiot that wasted his money on many combos before settling on
what everyone recommended from the get go (and for good reason).

lols

·
Registered
441 Posts
There is a guy who lives near me, same year, same trim - both have crabs 03 FPU but he has a custom exhaust ( not gtr ) and on a 40mph jump I started to pull at 60mph - I still have stock single outlet

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya, i will most deffienetly go with the GT-R exhaust from the get go. Not saying pooner's is right, but i know his geesex is amazing. lols

And from what i have seen on this website the general consenis is that its the right exhaust for what i want. I bit of low end tourque gain with a non-ricey, low rumble sound!

Thanx to everyone for chyming in tho, any feed back is good feedback, Im just new, this is my first car so i like to hear it all!

·
Registered
17 Posts
And what's wrong with 3 and a half years experience building motors for a living? lols!

Do not listen to the back pressure blah blah blah camp. The best back pressure is no back pressure. (No matter if you are na or boosted) Again - it may happen to work better with the car at a stock tune. Which if thats all you ever plan on doing with the car - then hey, have at it! But do not listen to anyone who tells you its the only exhaust to have. I don't care what your experience is - its just facts.

Judging by the fact he just said its his first car, I too would then recommend a GT-R setup because I highly doubt he will be going down the road of buying a tuner or having it tuned. But just because its what seems to be the best for him - doesn't make it the best setup.

To much knowledge on these forums is based on reading and what people think they've experienced!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts