Pontiac G6 Forum banner

My 2009.5 Base

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Michael9.5 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my Ride.
2009.5 Base sedan with the 2.4
My work So far
-Full leather interior and modded the front seats to hold the side airbags
-Honda Civic Short RAM to delete the giant plastic engine cover.
-Olds Alero Spoiler
-Raceline STB
-Koni Sport Dampers
-Eibach Springs
1" Adapters to 114.3 stud pattern. (Lots more low-cost wheel options in that size than 110)
-Tomason TN1 18x9 wheels and Yokohama 225x45/18 tires
-Kenwood Stereo upgrade including wiring to factory XM Antenna
-15 Limo tint
Coming soon, a 4-wheel Cobalt SS brake upgrade, and a WAMS 91 tune.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Full-size car

See less See more
#2 ·
Throw any codes with that short RAM? I also have the 2.4 but don’t wanna touch the engine because I’ve heard the CEL lights come on and mess with the car. I’m assuming you got it figured out since you have the WAMs tune. Also what’s your HP with both of those?

#3 · (Edited)
The WAMS tune is listed as "Coming Soon". I'm still looking for a week when I can have this car down, while the TCM and ECM are out getting programmed. On their page, WAMS estimates a 15 hp gain at the wheels. I don't plan on doing any dyno testing.
There are no CEL. the Sensor is still in stock location on the outlet from the filter box.
Yes, I still use a stock filter. If there's no need for more airflow, there's really no need for any sort of cone filter.
Besides, bench testing shows the K&N cone filter has mildly better airflow when clean, but quickly drops as it gets dirty.

#4 · (Edited)
The WAMS tune is listed as "Coming Soon". I'm still looking for a week when I can have this car down, while the TCM and ECM are out getting programmed. On their page, WAMS estimates a 15 hp gain at the wheels. I don't plan on doing any dyno testing.
There are no CEL. the Sensor is still in stock location on the outlet from the filter box.
Yes, I still use a stock filter. If there's no need for more airflow, there's really no need for any sort of cone filter.
Besides, bench testing shows the K&M cone filter has mildly better airflow when clean, but quickly drops as it gets dirty.
Ok sounds good. I have the K and N and definitely noticed the HP gain lol. I guess if you still use the normal filter the cel should be fine

#5 ·
Is that intake one made for the G6 2.5 or did you fabricate it yourself ? Anyway..it looks good. like you, I really would like to get rid of the plastic engine cover. 2.5 four cyl G6 owners don't need to hide quaint old cast iron pushrod engines under a plastic engine cover.

#6 · (Edited)
Is that intake one made for the G6 2.4 or did you fabricate it yourself ?
I bought a kit and modded it to fit. It's listed in ebay as a Honda CIVIC Short RAM.
Make sure you get one with fitting for the pcv hose.
The angle is correct, but it's a bit longer than we need. 30 seconds with a hack saw fixes that. Also, there's 1/2" diameter difference between the Throttle Body and the end of the aluminum pipe. They make 90 degree fittings that also reduce.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.