1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soaking up the rays at pebble beach...

Stock

Current mods
Blacked out emblems,reverse fog light switch, intake resonator delete, painted mirrors

Future mods.
Blacked out chrome, painted rims, tint, painted calipers, intake,

·
!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled the small panel out of the dash that has the fog light switch in it and flipped it over so you can see the indicator light with out looking around the steering wheel. not really a mod, but hey...

I'm thinking of trying to use taillight tint on the chrome headlights for like a smoked drak chrome look.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I pulled the small panel out of the dash that has the fog light switch in it and flipped it over so you can see the indicator light with out looking around the steering wheel. not really a mod, but hey...
It's kinda stupid that they put the only switch with an on/off light on it in a spot where you cant see it.

I'm thinking of trying to use taillight tint on the chrome headlights for like a smoked drak chrome look.
That could look awesome, but a fair warning, re-sealing them is a PITA but the look is worth it!

·
!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya and I wanted to install halos in the stock housing as well. I'm between making my own LED halos and the Oracle set...
to save the 200 bucks i may attempt to make my own.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
if you want a black chrome look i would suggest dulpicolor shadow paint. Its made to be sprayed right onto chrome and isnt supposed to chip or crack. It will look better than the tail light paint

·
!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used flat black paint with a brush. pretty easy. Use a nice paint brush not a cheap crappy one. Also, have a paper towel and some solvent handy to wipe up any mistakes.

What fries my ass, is the chrome pealing from the tip of the front dart about 1/4in from the tip. It just looks like a white line in the picture, but it's a bubble.

I think the black chrome look would be awesome!
I think you would want to buy a new set, and treat them before you put them on the car. I cant see removing them and reinstalling them, and I wouldn't dare try to mask them off to spray.

·
!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finished painting my mirror inserts to match the body color. I used Duplicolor Perfect Match. I still need to buff them out but I want to let the clear coat cure for a few days.
Sorry for the crappy phone pic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.