Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some kid was looking at his damned phone and ran the red light as I was going through intersection. I am trying to decide if I should take the money and get it fixed or get a new one. 120,000 mi. Just had the dings removed 2 weeks before.
Car Wheel Photograph Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Things like this usually look worse than they actually are. Decide if you are a do-it yourself guy, and if you live where the rust does. Just sit down with a parts book and see what the cost will be. 120k isn't crazy, but assess the condition of your car relative to a replacement one, and consider the energy it takes to find a nice replacement. Rockauto...
I do feel for ya!
Goggles.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Things like this usually look worse than they actually are. Decide if you are a do-it yourself guy, and if you live where the rust does. Just sit down with a parts book and see what the cost will be. 120k isn't crazy, but assess the condition of your car relative to a replacement one, and consider the energy it takes to find a nice replacement. Rockauto...
I do feel for ya!
Goggles.
I have been in your situation and it is no fun. Hopefully, you escaped personal injury.
Good luck
Convertme

·
2007 G6 GT conv
23 Posts
So sorry for the situation. You really had it in great shape. I too was in a similar accident, but the damage wasn't as severe.
I was able to buy it back and repair with pick n pull parts along with new eBay. Turned out okay. In retrospect, probably
would have been better off letting it go, but I didn't want car payments. (mine was also at 120k mi at the time)
ps: the hood and lights look great...wonder if they would fit a 2007...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts