Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've done a few mods on my baby already but i thought i would put together a progression thread and ill piece together post by post.

i bought this beauty Jan. 24 2012 with 38,000 miles on her. she only had one owner besides me, and that owner was my grandma LOL. she sold it to me for a nice price so i couldn't pass it up. considering i was driving around an embarrassing 2008 focus with 100k miles on it.

i don't have a picture from the day i bought her but i do have the picture from the day i got her tinted wich was only a few days after.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y467/moranandy420/firsttintshot_zpsd940cf01.jpg
if the pic above doesnt work

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
first mod i got besides tint was the grille.

this was the night i put it on, sitting next to my moms 2013 fusion.
(no i dont live with my mom i was just went to her house that night)

a shot from the next day, with the wifey and little man about to hop in

then i was outside work smoking the next day and decided to take a pic lol

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took my resonator out after i found out it was a PITA to get my fog light hid in but didnt take pictures.

then i got my eagle eyes! probly my favorite mod yet. i got the black housing and i think they look awesome and totally recomend them over spyders anyday

i noticed after i took this pic that my fender was bent up a little from initially pulling my headlight out and bent it back down

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so.. i got my LED tailight bulbs, switchback LEDs and load resistors in and had nothin but troubles with them, first of all they didnt fit into the eagle eye socket. so i put a tiiny bead of silicon on the side of the bulb to get it to stay in and it worked for now. then when i went to put in my led tailight bulbs and one of the wires coming out of the load resistor just fell out like it was scotch taped in -.-.. so now im waiting on more load resistors and ordered tailight side led bulbs, led reverse bulbs and led license plate bulbs with them.

i got my oil changed last week, mobile one full synthetic =) and the guy at the shop sprayed my engine bay down and it looks brand new!

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so a while back i noticed the black housing in my headlight popped out of place inside the lense and the halo ring around the projector was about to fall out of its seat but i emailed sabersport where i purchased them and the guy was really cool about it and told me to send him a few pictures and he would ship out a new headlight for free. he even paid for shipping both ways and it came the other day

i love the smell of new stuff =)

·
Registered
157 Posts
very nice car my friend. my tails arent as dark as that but it looks good. I need to debadge my car it looks so much cleaner.

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very nice car my friend. my tails arent as dark as that but it looks good. I need to debadge my car it looks so much cleaner.
thanks man. yea I might have went a little dark on the tails, so im just gunna keep my fingers crossed that I don't get rear ended or pulled over lol. and as for the debadging, it was a lot easier than I thought, the only thing is if ur cars paint is a lil faded then u might want to get some paint restore rubbing compound cuz the paint under the badges are nice and clean and u can see an outline kinda lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think im going to order my wams tune tomorrow =)

does anyone have one that can give me some tips on installing it beside having to unplug the battery and possibly doing a key relearn?

and also for people who have them, how do u like it? what kind of gains can I expect to feel?
Install is easy, besides disconnecting the battery its just a couple of plugs, key relearn is like a half hour of just waiting right there but its easy nonetheless... as far as gains, the hp gains are there, but mainly what youll notice is the shifts on your trans, just makes the car more lively

1 - 20 of 113 Posts