Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan, with a 2.4L engine. My car has been very good to me, I haven’t been dealing with most of the problems the G6 faces. My car started recently shaking when I hit speeds of 50 MPH or higher. I know I need an alignment, as soon as I take my hands off the steering wheel my car turns to the left lane in a matter of 3-5 seconds. Do you think if I get an alignment will fix the problem..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have probably 25k of miles on my tires. My back two tires are bald and my front two tires are almost bald... Are you sure its just the tires?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have probably 25k of miles on my tires. My back two tires are bald and my front two tires are almost bald... Are you sure its just the tires?
Your tires are out of balance. You need new tires & a four-wheel alignment. Are the tires unevenly worn? If so, there is some front end damage. You are aware of the rotate every 6K rule?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my tired rotated about 4k miles ago, so it shouldn't be that. But on Monday I am getting four new tires and a set of brand new tires balanced and mounted. Think that will fix the problem?

And what "Are the tires unevenly worn? If so, there is some front end damage. You are aware of the rotate every 6K rule?"
---What kind of front end damage can happen from unevenly worn tires? My front two are ok, and my back two are bald.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
You can rotate bad tires. Get some new tires and then get it aligned and your shake and track issues will be gone.

Im telling ya!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am getting an alignment and four brand new tires put on my car the 1st of the month, I will update if I have anymore problems. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I got my tired rotated about 4k miles ago, so it shouldn't be that. But on Monday I am getting four new tires and a set of brand new tires balanced and mounted. Think that will fix the problem?

And what "Are the tires unevenly worn? If so, there is some front end damage. You are aware of the rotate every 6K rule?"
---What kind of front end damage can happen from unevenly worn tires? My front two are ok, and my back two are bald.
Just take it to the tire shop & they will correct the situation.
Google: "tire wear"

for future:
Rotate tires every 6K for longer wear.
If you hit anything bigger that a squirrel have alignment checked. Driving out-of-align will ruin tires quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts