Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I had one bummer of a morning, my 2008 G6 GT Coupe got rear-ended, he did not crack the bumper but put some pretty deep scratches and scuffs in it. I have not taken it to the body shop yet to get and estimate but it already had some pretty deep gouges in the bumper from when I purchased the car so I know they won't be able to simply paint it. I figured to save him some headache and money, I would get a new primed bumper and just have him pay for the painting. However I did not realize that finding a Rear bumper for a 08 G6 GT coupe would be so difficult. I guess that's what I get for buying a car that doesn't exist anymore:( Does anyone out there know a place that carries them other than the dealer?

I appreciate the help....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To: pionex192

Ya i saw one on there it was pulled off a G6 and the dent by the Licenses Plate location was huge, it was almost as bad as what i have now....I didn't realize they could repair gouges in a plastic bumper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To: waterfowler76
Yup they have one...$155, best deal I have seen for a new one from a reputable place....thanks

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I recently got rear ended, the bumper cover was gouged and needs to be replaced. but behind it the entire steel reinforcement was buckled in the center and it even dented the rear pan. All that damage was nearly $2,000 so definitely get it checked out first. You can get brand new parts from GMPartsDirect.com but it does cost more and shipping isn't cheap either. But it's all up to you really.

What you can see:

What you can't see:

That bar is supposed to be curved with the bumper cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts