Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i WORK AT A PONTIAC DEALERSHIP AND I BOUGHT MY G6 GT THERE. i WILL HAVE PICS SOON. IT IS BLACK ON BLACK WITH BLACKED OUT WINDOWS, FLOWMASTER EXHUAST AND A CUSTOM INTAKE. THIS BABY FLY'S. I INSPIRE TO GET THE SUPERCHARGER FOR IT AS WELL AS THE NEW SPOILER. GREAT CAR LOTS OF FUN.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi:
Sounds like a nice car. Were the addons done at the dealership. What do you mean by the new spoiler. Is there a different spoiler than the aero one and the flat one that is standard on a GT. I am curious because I am waiting for a coupe GTP and would like to hear of any news about a spoiler for it. My dealer says that a spoiler comes standard on it but so far there are no pictures of the production models. I hope they don't mean just the shape of the trunk lid as being a spoiler.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would like to hear more about the exhaust also. I checked flowmaster's website but couldn't find anything for the G6. Did you custom order it?

The black is cool. That was my color choice but since I have a black truck and my wife liked the red, we got the red.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i HAD MIENKE PUT A 40 SERIES MUFFLER ON IT SO IT SOUNDS LIKE A V8, WHICH IT DOES. tHEY STRAIGHT PIPED IT FIRST BUT THAT WAS TO LOUD. tHE G6 HAD TWO MUFFLERS, MAKE SURE THEY PULL BOTH OUT, EVENTUALLY MINE WILL HAVE A DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM. INTAKE IS CUSTOM THOUGH.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HAMBONE THEY HAVE NOT MADE AN INTAKE SYSTEM FOR THE G6 SO I BROUGHT MY CAR DOWN TO A PERFORMANCE SHOP AND HE BUILT A CUSTOM TUBE AND BOUGHT A K&N CONE FILTER, HE SAID THAT IT WOULD SUCK MORE AIR, WHICH IT DOES. i WILL HAVE MY DYNO TESTS NEXT WEEK FOR ALL OF YA!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Dyno test will be cool. Too bad you didn't do a before and after. For some reason I thought you were talking about an intake manifold not air intake. Have you got any pics?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hambone my pics will be up next week so all can see.... I do have before and after dyno results I will be posting in about a week or two.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get up Cost?? Please explain!! Horsepower at the wheels is about 165hp I will tell the rest when my car is out of the shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My pics will be up hopefull in a few days, I will have pics of my intake in about week and a half. But Black Betty will be showing her stuff pretty soon. LOL

·
Registered
557 Posts
BLACK BETTY said:
Get up Cost?? Please explain!! Horsepower at the wheels is about 165hp I will tell the rest when my car is out of the shop.
That number sounds pretty stock to me. Usually a 10-15% loss is expected in the transition from crank to wheel HP. So actually your mods don't seem to be doing anything for you, you might even have a dud on your hands!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I havent seen what my mods have done yet, 165hp before any mods have been done, i will let you know what they have gained when I get the results for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts