Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day I go out to start my car it is dead!!! I have had 2 new alternators put on and I just put a new battery on it 2 weeks ago! That fixed the problem for a week! Then I go to get in my car and it’s dead!!!! Completely!!!! It won’t even charge!!!!! I am so fed up with this car!!! I fixed the recall about the break lights! I thought that might be the problem? It wasn’t! It’s been a great car! I have had it 11 years, it has 160,000 miles on it! And it all started in July! Please some one help me. I am at my wits end! Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It won't charge ? Did you attach a battery charger and the battery would not charge ? Something is draining your battery. Go online and ask about finding what it is. You need a multi meter, and you will need to pull fuses one at a time to find the guilty circuit. A few months ago I had this problem and it was a trunk lid not completely closed. I forget the exact procedure . It's very simple rthough. Give me a break, I'm 83.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A reputable shop would've tested your charging system before swapping out parts. Both the alternator and battery should have a warranty. Bring it back and have them fix it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts