Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G6 just couldn't start after I went to gas up on a local gas station so the car got towed away back to the dealership. I just got a call they said the fuse blew up and it prevent the car from starting but I'm picking up the car tonight lets hope it doesn't happen again!

·
Registered
423 Posts
carsuperfreak said:
the fuse....blew up? I've never heard of exploding fuses. What fuse would cause the car not to start?

maybe he was refering to the 'fuse' on the end of a stick of DYNAMITE!!!

that would explain the 'blowing up', would it not?

·
Registered
168 Posts
also, if you open the fuse box, there's one MEGA fuse there that ties the entire car to the battery...if that goes, it's as goood as there being no battery.

·
Registered
279 Posts
ragingfish said:
also, if you open the fuse box, there's one MEGA fuse there that ties the entire car to the battery...if that goes, it's as goood as there being no battery.
Hate to disagree with you but that Megafuse is actually just for the power steering module :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
e2helper said:
Hate to disagree with you but that Megafuse is actually just for the power steering module :p
Hmm, I don't have a mega fuse, I feel ripped...(goes out and enjoys not locking up his steering cause he's got HYDRAULIC steering :D)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All right maybe the fuses didn't blew up. The invoice said " found no power AT -S -Terminal when Crank. Found starter fuse #26 open. Checked circuit #6 and found circuit Rub through at AC LINE. REPAIRED CIRCUIT #6 AND REPLACE FUSE TO CORRECT (7J)"

·
Registered
132 Posts
G6Action said:
i HATE you!!!!! :rolleyes:
What are you complaining about, you have a GTR! That's two steps above mine: There's a GTP, GTQ, then the GTR. :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
miscreant said:
What are you complaining about, you have a GTR! That's two steps above mine: There's a GTP, GTQ, then the GTR. :D

no, the way i see it i'm just 'further down the line'........maybe i should change my designation to a 'GTA'? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Redsun_ty said:
All right maybe the fuses didn't blew up. The invoice said " found no power AT -S -Terminal when Crank. Found starter fuse #26 open. Checked circuit #6 and found circuit Rub through at AC LINE. REPAIRED CIRCUIT #6 AND REPLACE FUSE TO CORRECT (7J)"
No you are correct, fuse that "blew" was for the starter solenoid relay. The opening of a fuse is a pretty powerful event - it just stays contained within the fuse itself - you do hear a pretty crisp "POP" when one goes though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ralphy said:
Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket "megafuses" available yet. I want to upgrade mine.
Question: How do you 'upgrade' fuses???? are they available in Carbon Fiber, Platinum or even Titanium now? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
G6Action said:
Question: How do you 'upgrade' fuses???? are they available in Carbon Fiber, Platinum or even Titanium now? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I was hoping to maybe put in dual "megafuses" :D I was thinking maybe it would help with low-end torque and perhaps in cornering.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is one case where bigger is not better :)

Considering the existing wiring is vehicle is designed for the size of fuse factory puts in vehicle.

·
Registered
423 Posts
PCB said:
I have a bunch of 800 amp 1000v fuses.. What ya think I could get for them?? LOL
i think Ralphy would pay top dollar!!!! he wants to 'upgrade' his megafuses to increase low end torque and cornering. as we all know, you need AT LEAST
4000 amps for that application. if he adds the "Brembo Quad-Piston Electronic Calipers with Dual Vented/Drilled Discs on each wheel, he'll have to add another
2500 amps per wheel for a total of 14,000 amps. do you have enough of your 800 amp, 1000v fuses on hand to do the job? needless to say, he may have to mount a portable generator in his trunk to supply enough power to operate all his 'mods'.......and we haven't even discussed "what system" he has!!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts