Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't get it...GM is trying to cost-cut so they don't introduce body-colored mirrors for the G6...but a $10,000 Aveo and a $14,000 Cobalt has them...seriously, what the heck?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After looking at the VUE mirrors, that offer body color ones...they look like they would fit. I'm sure the color is molded into the plastic, but I'm sure they could be painted (at least they wouldn't require sanding to get rid of the "rough grainy" feel on the black ones). I'm very tempted to look into this more...

·
Registered
68 Posts
MHadden said:
I really don't get it...GM is trying to cost-cut so they don't introduce body-colored mirrors for the G6...but a $10,000 Aveo and a $14,000 Cobalt has them...seriously, what the heck?
First, where's your GM source that said they didn't put body-coloured mirrors on the G6 in an effort to cut costs?

Second, ever thought that maybe it was designed that way on purpose? Or maybe they're keeping a few minor things like that in store to differenciate the GTP or GXP for the regular trims?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My source was Pontiac for the cost cutting measures.

It may be designed that way, but it certianly looks like shit, and I would think if I'm going to pay 27k on a car that I should be able to get body colored mirrors. And I thought the GXP is a concept, that it hasn't been decided for sure if it will be a production car?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry, Ben, I agree with him on this one.

While it may have been in their designs to leave them uncolored, I think the GTP and GT trim should've had painted ones.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
We still love him :).
Hands off mister! :D

I just find it strange that people would piss and moan about things that they knew about when they bought the car and that are so trivial to take care of yourself.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know I can take care of it, I was just making a statement, that's all. When I take delivery, I'm going to look at what I can do to get them painted and post a how-to if I decide to do it.

As far as my new gripe :D I wish they would put a trunk lining on the lid too. Like the body-colored mirrors, I can deal with it not being there...I think it would just look better. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts