Pontiac G6 Forum banner

My GXP

11K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  snakeeater77 
#1 ·
2 weeks ago,I was at the local Jeep dealership getting an oil change and all of that.(friend used to have an oil burner,but no longer) I had alil time to kill and was just walking around the lot,checking vehicals out. Then something caught my eye..
(Thats my commander with the door open)

Well a week later..I brought her home! Shes a 2008 with alil over 36K on her.

Only mod I've done so far,tint(stupid MI laws)

I plan to do a bit more,in time. But for now..I just love driving the thing! And heck of a lot better gas mileage than the Heep! lol

See less See more
#2 ·
Car looks great. Super jealous of the front bumper and hood.

MI tint law is soo stupid.
Where are you in Michigan?

#5 ·
Damn i love them GXP coupes. Jealous

#8 ·
Found the car Monday. Went back Tuesday to check it out some more. Went back Wednesday and took it for a test drive. Went back Thursday and got all the paper work and took that to my bank( that was the only time I've been to my bank since).
Friday I was hanging with the gf,also talking with my bank and dealership on the phone. Bank faxed everything over to the dealership while I was driving back home(about an hour drive). But my insurance was closed by the time I got back in town,so I had to wait till Monday to get everything signed.
I wasn't even going to start looking for a car till the end of this month lol

#10 ·
How do you like the 3.6L? I have the same motor in my Malibu and LOVE it lol. It's hard to not spin the tires when taking off ( I can't even spin them in my 2.4 G6 lol). Quickest car I have owned to date.

#11 ·
I was able to spin the stock tires when my motor was stock in my 2.4...
After I installed the tune it would spin all the time, and make so much dam noise, Then once I lowered it and got an alignment my tires made so much noise around corners.
Then I got the much much better and stickier kumho ecsta 4x. And I can still break em loose. though it does take a little more effort. haha

But you can always try launching it to spin em... If you hold the brake all the way down as hard as you can... you can plant the gas pedal all the way to the floor and the RPMs will stick under 2000. Let off the break and it'll launch off the line and speed up. Pretty fun but I imagine it's not too good for the torque converter.

Do you know which trans you have? Maybe that has something to do with it. I have the 4 speed.

#12 ·
Six speed. I has tried flooring it from a complete stop and no spin. When it's wet they chirp a little. I have brand new michelins on it though lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.