Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been shopping new car for about a month and decided not to leave the G6 completely out of the mix and give it one more test drive, since I really didn't have a chance to put the car through it's paces with the salesman in the car. I ended up with a Black G6GT which was completely loaded for the weekend so I got to really drive the car and get a little more familiar with it.

Styling - the G6 I had was definitely a head turner. The paint job was as good as I've seen on imports that are much higher priced. I'm personally partial to coupes, but the sedan's four doors blend so well that I don't think it loses any of it's sporty-ness because of it.

Interior - The interior of the G6 I had was charcoal leather with heated seats. I thought the interior suited the car nicely, but I would have liked to see a little better quality of leather in the seats. The interior has more of a sports car feel than a family sedan and the power seat adjustment with the lumbar support made it very comfortable. The instrument panel is definitely an improvement over the Grand Am's and the computer read out was a feature I've only normally seen on higher priced cars. The panoramic sunroof is exceptionally nice (although since it was only 32 degrees out I didn't have it open for very long. I especially liked the electric sunshade. The trunk isn't nearly as wide as in the Grand Am but with the rear seat folded down the cargo space is probably very close. The car I had was equipped with the six disc CD changer and had a very good over all sound. There was plenty of bass for an old guy like me, but younger guys may want to forgo the upgraded system and do a custom install considering the price

Handling and performance - The GT had a great road feel and handles turns nicely. I would have to say that it's a pleasant step up from the Grand Am's suspension. The manual shift mode really helps to pep the car up, but I did notice a lag between 1st and 2nd on the one I drove. I would guess that this car would run a 1/4 mile time very close to my Grand Am, possibly around a 15.7 or so unless my "butt dyno" is off. It accelerates very smoothly and the added weight of the car masks the speed very well, until you look at the speedometer.

Overall I felt the G6 is a real step up from the Grand Am. The styling is starting to grow on me and with black being my color of choice I think it has a nice sports/luxury look. At this point I don't know if I'd rush right out and buy one, but it is an option I hadn't considered before driving this one for a couple of days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Actually I hate looking at new cars that's why I won't look until I'm ready to buy. I have from now until Jan 1st to take advantage of the "pull ahead" option. If I don't get one by then I wait until June. Hell......it took me 2 months to buy the GA. I'm just a thorough shopper. ;)

Poor Kelly......he had to listen to me talk about 20 or more used cars before I bought my kid one. Nice to have someone to bounce things off of!! :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Old Guy said:
... Poor Kelly......he had to listen to me talk about 20 or more used cars before I bought my kid one. Nice to have someone to bounce things off of!! :D
HAHAHA ... I was just kidding my friend ... I'm always around to give you an opinion :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts