Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Pontiac/G6/GXP - bought in Dec. Had 38k on it, very clean. 3.6L - VERY powerful. Nice black metal flake paint.

Very happy with the car but the seats are hard - wondering if anybody has ever gone to an upholstery shop and had theirs modded?

Also - it came with no rear spoiler (which I prefer) - was it a factory option? The trunk lid has been repainted (poorly) so maybe it was removed? I think the car was rear-ended too.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome! I agree the GXP without the spoiler doesn't look complete. It was a factory option and a search for "hammerhead spoiler" should get you everything you would want to know about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoiler

Welcome! I agree the GXP without the spoiler doesn't look complete. It was a factory option and a search for "hammerhead spoiler" should get you everything you would want to know about it.
Thanks. Actually what I meant was that I prefer the look of the car without the spoiler - I'm in my 50s and I prefer a more subtle look.

But it's all good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seats

You have a gxp and your complaining about the seats? Lol...anyway welcome.

I do agree with you about the spoiler though
Ha ha - yes I'm complaining about the seats - everything else about the car is great, so I'd like the thing I spend all the time in the car sitting on to meet the standards of the rest of the car.

I'll probably go to a shop and have them modded - also get rid of the little grey panels on the seat and side bolsters - I can feel the seams against my legs and it's annoying. I'll have them install a single grey panel that covers the entire area - I think it would also look better that way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks. Actually what I meant was that I prefer the look of the car without the spoiler - I'm in my 50s and I prefer a more subtle look.

But it's all good.
Haha completely read that the other way around. Obviously you can tell where my mind is with the spoiler :p

·
Registered
638 Posts
with that hood on there then it likely had the street edition spoiler on it from the factory as well GXPs came from the factory with the street edition hood AND the spoiler, or without either they were available from the factory with ONLY the hood and not the spoiler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts