Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 sedan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always been a Pontiac guy. Since 1992 had 3 Grand Am GT's and 2 Grand Prix (GT and GTP). Recently purchased a 2007 G6 sedan, which was in great shape, to keep the miles down on my other car, a 2018 Honda Civic si, which I have modified. I've added a custom exhaust, Chip Your Car tuner, and a Short Ram Air intake. Stock this car was 205 HP. Now its around 275-280. Extremely fun to drive. I've also added cosmetic upgrades such as red Honda badges, custom floor mats, caliper covers, and LED headlights. Still more to add over time, like bumper lip and side skirts. Im going to tinker with the G6, also.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
How does the G6 compare to the Civic? I find the Civic has more power, more nimble, better gas mileage, and much more fun to drive. The G6 is smoother on the highway though and has more room.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 sedan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does the G6 compare to the Civic? I find the Civic has more power, more nimble, better gas mileage, and much more fun to drive. The G6 is smoother on the highway though and has more room.
The Civic is very fun to drive. I still get great gas mileage despite the modifications and horsepower. It is so quick and modern. Sleek, too. The 6 speed manual is definitely a plus. It is much more roomier than older Civics. Im tall and i have plenty of head and leg room. I wouldn't even consider older ones because I couldn't be comfortable. But I like my G6, also. Good gas mileage, comfortable, looks good, and has some pep to it. Plus, it's a Pontiac.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A "tip o' the hat" to the Honda folks. I've driven quite a few Hondas, and we have owned two Odysseys. In addition to that, I have owned several Honda motorcycles. The latest being a V65 Sabre. That one was fast to the point of being stupid. :D
One word that comes to mind with any Honda vehicle is "precision". The engineering never fails to impress. (The only REAL complaint I have regarding Hondas is that the J35 V6 is an interference engine. Due to a premature timing belt failure on our 2009 Odyssey, I found that out the hard way..This was the second timing belt that had been on the engine. The factory one was replaced at a little more than 100 K. The second one probably only had about the same miles on it. Although the belt replacement was "due", its failure was quite unanticipated, and quite unexpected. (One of our best friends has the same van, and ran 270K on the original timing belt. Seriously. :oops: I made her bring it to me so I could replace it.)

Anyway...To the G6. Mine is a 2010 GT sedan. I find it to be one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. While it's not a hot rod or a corner-carver, I find that it does just about everything "well". Some things better than most. It is more comfortable and has more interior room than my mother-in-law's 2008 (first redesign) Caddy CTS sedan. It's not as fast, but it doesn't matter.
If I were going to change anything about the car, it would be a manual tranny swap. And I've got way too much going on, just now, to even think about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts