Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the black spyder halo projector headlights in a couple weeks ago, unfortunately decided to install HID low beams and fog lights after I wired up the lights, to better match the color of the halos. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Car looks good... But I advise you to get rid of the headlights. HIDs will not work in them. Feel free to use my retrofit guide if you would like to retrofit a pair of proper HID Morimoto Mini projectors in them. Otherwise, I recommend you sell the Spyders and get a pair of Eagle Eyes, which play nice with HIDs. Still not as good as a Morimoto Mini retrofit, but they do the job for the most part.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice work so far!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Yeah I saw people had some trouble getting HIDs in these headlights but it seems like it worked out for others so I'll give it a shot when they come in and hope for the best haha

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah I saw people had some trouble getting HIDs in these headlights but it seems like it worked out for others so I'll give it a shot when they come in and hope for the best haha

The members that claim they fit use spacers for the bulb to sit further back. It's... Let's say... Kind of a hackjob. Unless Spyder started using an updated projector in those housings, you will be 100% dissatisfied, guaranteed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got the HID's in, it was kind of a pain in the ass. But I'm happy with the looks of them. However the light output on the low beams isn't the greatest.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Well I got the HID's in, it was kind of a pain in the ass. But I'm happy with the looks of them. However the light output on the low beams isn't the greatest.

Nobody likes an, "I told you so," but you're gonna get it anyway.... I told you so! Lol.

They look good with HIDs, but the light output is crap, like you've experienced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its pretty bad

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had the spyder headlights also. And still do. They are just sitting in my boxes from my eagle eyes. eagle eyes are so much better than the spyders in every aspect. The halos were the only thing i liked about my spyders. But other than that, your car looks amazing!

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you want, you should have Dom retrofit those Spyders

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks wizard, and I know the output is pretty horrible which really sucks. But I'm thinking of retrofitting them at some point hopefully.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts