Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The diff between the volume of the radio and CD is dramatic (almost double the volume for radio over the CD player) - anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
is it one specific CD? is it one you burned? try it with some homemade CDs and some store bought ones... if there's a difference then it's just the sound balancing on your burner.

·
Registered
586 Posts
No, i don't have this problem. I know that on aftermarket cd players there is an option to increase/decrease the output of the cd volume to match the radios volume. I'm not sure about the stock deck though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't really payed attention to my cd player volume, but my radio volume is definitely higher than my mp3 players volume.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is it one specific CD? is it one you burned? try it with some homemade CDs and some store bought ones... if there's a difference then it's just the sound balancing on your burner.

I've tried several Cd (new and old). All are store bought, and they play fine in my wife's car as well as home.

I also noticed that the XM does not play as load as the AM or FM, so I may see about getting it looked at at the dealership.

I really hate to take my car to the dealer...

·
G6 Fun-Fan
19 Posts
Oh goodness you guys. Not to be an a-hole, but this sounds like a nit-picky problem. Different devices have different output volumes. The volume that AM/FM vs CDs vs XM vs MP3 jacks all put out at is determined by the media itself. You can try volume leveling on CDs. If possible, you can simply turn your MP3 player up/down to match radio volumes. As for XM, it may just be something you have to deal with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts