Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a GT for about 2 months now, so I finally found the exact car. I receive a GM discount (not the Employee discount) through work and inquired as to how much off on the car it would be. Now this discount is supposed to be 4-5% above the Employee discount so I know how much this price should be. The gangster salesman comes back to me and tells me that it's only $900 off. Not only this but that my trade-in which should be worth at least $4000 based to Kelley Blue Book at good condition is $3000 according to them. To make a long story short, I contacted 2 other dealers and BOTH said that unless they had an MSRP or invoice that the car would typically be $2,000-2500 off the MSRP based on my discount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I went to a smaller dealer where one of my dad goes for his cars and they told me that not only should I have gotten $2500 off for my discount, but also an additional $500 dealer cash back. After I buy the car I'm going to confront the first dealer and see what his reasoning is behind it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You should have received $1000 cash back if it's a 2006...$500 back if its used for a edumication driver program.

Mine is stickered a hair under 27k...looks like I will be able to grab it for about 24 large :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whatever the GM Employee discount is, is what I should have gotten plus $500 in dealer cash. This dimwit comes to me and tells me that it's only $900 off. Yeah right, where do I sign to buy?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know if you already did this, but go to www.gmbuypower.com and do a search for the G6 you want, pick that dealer, and see what price they have for the employee discount listed for that vehicle. The price you see is probably still inflated a little, but you can see how much the dealer was off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's hard to find any dealership that is not out to rip you off. I have bought in my town, 30 miles away, and 75 miles away. They are all the same. I worked in a delaership for a while and got to see 1st hand how they will rip you off, especially the used car manager's (you know the ones that decided how much to give you for your trade) always a rip off!!! It's their business, because they no, no matter what they do, if they rip you off or not, whether you come back or not, someone will eventually walk in the door and replace your possible repeat business. I've had 5 new cars and 2 used cars in the past 12 years (I don't like to keep a car very long) and I've only used the same dealership twice and after my last visit I'll never deal with them again, but after all my problems with them, one of my best friends went in and bought a new Altima (so she replaced my business that they lost). So see, they're not looking to be loyal because they don't have to be.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Remeber that dealerships aren't charities...they can't give away cars for next to nothing. They will try to squeeze every penny for their benefit (it cost some coin to operate a dealership). They will rip you off, they aren't your friend (unless you know them personally).

It does piss me off though, because they can sacrifice a little in the sales part since they seem to make a crapload in the service department. If your car isn't under warranty, they charge a diagnostic fee. They they charge you $30/ hour in labor, and pay the techs $12 (but its like that in any business).

·
Registered
20 Posts
just bought a new 2005 G6.
The salesman told us that the employee discount price was non-negotiable.
We walked away, but it bothered my wife so she called the sales mgr. the next day and got an extra $1000.00 off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts