Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seasons Greetings everyone!

Here's some snapshots of my G6! (hope the attachments work OK)
Although SILVER wasn't my first color choice, I got a great deal on the vehicle- a GT loaded with all options except the XM satallite radio. So the color wasn't hard to get over.

I've owned the car for about 4 weeks now, and I'm still finding things to like about the G6.

The GT's engine seems powerful enough for me. The car can really move when you ask it to.
*I suppose one small complaint in this area is that it does get a little greedy for gas, but I admit I could probably save some by taking my foot off the accelerator once in a while. ;)

The car's suspension and breaking combine for a smooth and confident ride in all conditions- since I've brought the car home the local weather here has gone from warm and sunny to cold, rainy, and icy and the car hasn't slipped or hesitated in any way. The handling is great and it has an amazingly tight turning radius for a sedan of its size. :) :)

The 8 speaker MONSOON stereo system is quite nice. Music with a solid bassline gets the mirrors thumping pretty good.
Yay Subwoofer! :glasses:
* my biggest gripe with the car is the 6 disk in-dash changer: it will jam occasionally and when that happens it will not play, change, or eject any disk! The only way to unstick it seems to be to turn the car completely off, wait a few minutes, and turn it back on again and hope the autoplay kicks in.
It doen't happen often (3 times so far) but when it does happen it's more than a little aggravating. :confused:

Overall the car's been a pleasure to drive. It has everything I want and need in a car which suits my lifestyle:
It's sporty enough to burn the 4-cylinder, big mufflered rice rockets trying to pull ahead of me on the road. It's flashy enough to get plenty of attention at parking lots, gas stations, and stop lights. It's roomy enough to load up the wife and three kids for weekend joyrides, with enough space in the trunk to fit a stroller and two shopping carts worth of groceries!
And best of all, it's affordable enough to suit my budget. My monthly paments are lower than my co-workers payments for his VW Jetta! Yay SmartBuy! :) :) :) :)

My wife told me I got my Christmas present early this year...
I can DEFINATELY live with that. :glasses:

Here's hoping your holidays are happy as well!

-Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
o0oHelixo0o said:

The car's suspension and breaking combine for a smooth and confident ride in all conditions- since I've brought the car home the local weather here has gone from warm and sunny to cold, rainy, and icy and the car hasn't slipped or hesitated in any way. The handling is great and it has an amazingly tight turning radius for a sedan of its size. :) :)
The steering isn't something I'm that happy with. Its too electric feeling and it has a considerable amount of understeer. Nice car, glad you like it.

Blue is still better though! :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its fwd..did you not expect understeer?? LOL I actually hope they release a sterring flash of sorts to change the characteristics a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Its fwd..did you not expect understeer?? LOL I actually hope they release a sterring flash of sorts to change the characteristics a bit.
I expected it, but it should not be so prevalent not on a $27,500 car. Unfortuneately, I don't see GM releaseing a flash, the bean counters would not approve of that. ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
27,500!!! No way would I have payed that.. At 22K + 1K back.. my Base was a good deal.. after 24/25K mark.. I could have bought a mustang GT (*shivers* did I just say that?)

Oh well.. I won't have it more than a couple years anyways.. so i can live with its faults and accept it for what it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
S8ER99 said:
27,500!!! No way would I have payed that.. At 22K + 1K back.. my Base was a good deal.. after 24/25K mark.. I could have bought a mustang GT (*shivers* did I just say that?)

Oh well.. I won't have it more than a couple years anyways.. so i can live with its faults and accept it for what it is.

Neither will I, mines a 24-month lease, and I'm only paying a little more per month than I was on a '01 GA. Plus I had about $4k off thanks to a GMS discount.

·
Registered
532 Posts
LOL...alright makes much more sense then! :) If I had a deal like that I might have opted for a GT as well..

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
o0oHelixo0o said:

Here's some snapshots of my G6! (hope the attachments work OK)
Although SILVER wasn't my first color choice, I got a great deal on the vehicle- a GT loaded with all options except the XM satallite radio. So the color wasn't hard to get over....
Congratulations!!! Very nice car. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts