Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2005 G6 GT.
I am not very good with cars and I noticed one of my speakers was blown after I got home. I bought new speakers and want to install them in the front. I can't figure out how to get the cover off of the door speakers in the front. I am completely retarded when it comes to cars...I am a 20 year old female...be nice... I need good instructions! I don't know what a "clip" is or whatever to take the door panel off. Someone who is nice and patient please help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
you will probably need to take the whole door panel off, disconnect the windows and locks and disengage the door handle rod inside the door. there are probably at least a couple of screws one behind the doorhandle on the inside. and there will be plastic plug looking things that you will need to pry out on the bottom of the door to get the door panel off. be carefull you might break the plugs. use a putty knife or a flathead screwdriver to assest with getting the first couple of plugs out. once the door panel is off there will be a couple of bolts and a couple of wires on the speaker, take those out and swap in the new speaker and reverse everything above to put the door back together! have fun!!! you may need help from someone who has done this b4? as it can be very tricky!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts