Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals i just thought i'd let everyone know what i had in my 6 after ripping out the bullcrap that gm puts in there..... that stuff only lasted a week (suprisingly long as i work at a car audio shop) so here is the list and i will get some pics soon

head unit Kenwood excelon KDC-X891

Front doors Kenwood excelon KFC-XT15 tweeters and KFC-X170 6.5" coax speakers wired together at 2 ohms

Rear Deck Kenwood excelon KFC-X690 6x9 coaxials

Subwoofer ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH HX2 12" sub in custom built and designed box for max spl (loundness) port tuning at 25 DB cutoff and 3DB + at 35HZ and up total box size is 2.3 cubic feet subwoofer wired at 2 ohm load

4 channel amp Kenwood excelon KAC-X40 front speakers wired 2 ohm so
100W RMS and rears at 70W RMS Rated power

sub amp Kenwood excelon KAC-X10D rated power is 600W RMS at 2 ohm

Power wire Rockford Fosgate 0 ga main line from battery to fuse block and from there 4 ga. wire to amps 16 ga wire from 4ch amp to speakers and 12 ga wire from sub amp

RCA cables from radio to amps Streetwires ZN6 old version of ZN9's --- 4 way split center pin and machine cut serpintine conections for a tight fit to ensure no interference also twisted cables and double sheilding for awesome noise rejection retail on the cables was about 129.95 (yes i am that crazy)

sounds nice and loud but i do plan on upgrading soon to something better

pics will come soon

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my sub finally went out

too bad i dont have the money for a full system upgrade i have alot in mind for next summer

i need a new sub rated 500-700 RMS 12 inch sub

any suggestions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts