Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered here, but I've lurked around previously when looking for info about the wife's G6. Found some interesting stuff so I figured I'd register on here. And I figured it'd be a good place to find some parts that I need for her car.

Her ride is an '06 GT, autotragic, and completely stock. Probably end up keeping it that way as she just doesn't get the whole modding thing. As for me, I had and sold my 97 Tacoma that was completely bagged and shaved.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Welcome, you'll find some great tips and good reading on everything Pontiac G6.
Jump in and take a ride, you're going to love the G6 Owners Club!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the welcome.

On a quick note here's the things I get to fix between now and the next few months:
- Both outer tie rod ends were shot, replace those a few weeks ago.

- Struts are shot in the front, and I get to replace the mounts too. Lot of clunking going on over hard bumps and whatnot. Anyone have recommendations for decent struts and mounts?

-Typical clunking from the steering intermediate shaft. This is how I came across the site originally. I'm going to lube it and see if that helps in the meantime. If not, it'll wait. I don't feel like dropping that much $ for that part.

-The cover for the mirror on both visors are broken. They don't stay open, so the wife has to hold it open while she's looking in the mirror. I hope it's something simple to fix.

- Both 6.5"s are blown in the front for the Monsoon system. Debating whether to find some cheap stocks to replace and keep it low cost, or just find some decent 6.5s to replace.

Other than that it's been a decent car. Bit too much plastic in the interior for my taste, but she likes it.

I will say this...whoever the engineer was that designed that fuel pump should be shot. Thinking that a plastic fitting would be sufficient enough and not leak over the long term was an idiot. I replaced the fuel pump due to the fitting being cracked (and of course a non-replaceable part) about 6 months ago. Was not cheap.

·
Registered
104 Posts
LOL...for real?!

Drive it off a cliff....haha, jk. The knocking in the stearing, I had that wrong with my car and I bought the damn thing brand new. Luckily I took it in multiple times for that. They had to replace the rack and pinion...or something like that. I already forgot....good luck though. And just parade a cpl of the chicks cars on here in front of her. She might change her mind.

Anything else?? lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anything else?? lol
Hopefully not.

It's enough to keep me busy for a while. (Replacing these parts and working to buy them. lol). Sad thing is, some of this stuff is fixed per TSBs, but my luck...it's out of warranty.

So meh to that.

LOL...for real?!

Drive it off a cliff....haha, jk.
It crossed my mind the 2nd time I had to drop the fuel tank. That was not fun by any means.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts