Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get an exhaust for my 06 g6 ft 3.5L but I have absolutely no experience with exhausts I'm all about car audio lol all I know is that I want it to sound just like the one in the attached video. Not too loud and something deep and low not like those 93 Honda's sounding like scooters. If someone can please link me to a page where I can find the exact model I want :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow, that is nice. Ive been thinking about this exhaust myself. I have an 05 GT and I was wondering if it would be worth getting the dual exhaust as opposed to the single? What are the pros and cons of getting the dual? (besides the price)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dont waste your time and money buying a 620$ system that's the exact same as your stock set up, it just has the actual muffler changed. so if your looking for different, better sound then just buy yourself a muffler and have someone change that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dont waste your time and money buying a 620$ system that's the exact same as your stock set up, it just has the actual muffler changed. so if your looking for different, better sound then just buy yourself a muffler and have someone change that.
It's not the same the magnaflow doesn't have compression bends like the factory does.

·
4,052 Posts
Wow, that is nice. Ive been thinking about this exhaust myself. I have an 05 GT and I was wondering if it would be worth getting the dual exhaust as opposed to the single? What are the pros and cons of getting the dual? (besides the price)
Just be sure to do your research.... ive heard of people installing dual systems and loosing low end torque because of the loss of backpressure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got that exhaust. (Well, the bolt on one which is 16876). It's an all around good exhaust, nice deep rumble when low, the only complaint is at 60mph+ it sounds a little farty. Overall, it's an exhaust that gives it a little umph rather than a roaring sound.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a Magnaflow on my Duragno R/T and would gladly put one on my G6 GT - but only when the original is ready to fall off.

·
DERKA
30 Posts
the exhaust on my 6 sounds almost exactly the same as the video. i just deleted the resonator and put 2.5in pipe back to a magnaflow dual outlet 14277 muffler. its a common muffler for camaros but sounds really nice. add some chrome tips and youve got urself a beautiful back end lol. as far as torque decrease, im sure there was some but who cares really? its not guna be enough to really make the car sluggish and its not like were driving racecars. throw and air intake and a tuned pcm and wallah! better than before

·
Registered
911 Posts
the exhaust on my 6 sounds almost exactly the same as the video. i just deleted the resonator and put 2.5in pipe back to a magnaflow dual outlet 14277 muffler. its a common muffler for camaros but sounds really nice. add some chrome tips and youve got urself a beautiful back end lol. as far as torque decrease, im sure there was some but who cares really? its not guna be enough to really make the car sluggish and its not like were driving racecars. throw and air intake and a tuned pcm and wallah! better than before

derka, just to confirm what you said...from the cat back is a straight 2.5in to a single in dual out magnaflow? is it give you a nice low sound? how about when you get those RPM's nice and high, is it farty or raspy at all?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts