Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in the process of slowly upgrading my standard G6 (V6) into the higher end - just added the 17" wheels, spoiler is on the way, and now I am working on a factory leather seat upgrade.

My car does have the circuit for heated seats, fused, and it does have the fused circuit for the driver seat controls. What I need from somone that does have these seats, is a little more info about the wires under the seats. Mainly wire colors (for the power controls, and for the heated controls) and if both seats are powered from one side, or is there a wire supplying each seat from each side. All I know from looking at mine is that there is a large loom of wires under each seat. Without colors it could make for a long day when I put these in. With good info I should be able to trace down the wires in the right locations and get everything done "right".

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just got back with the seats - looks like there's more to it than I figured. There looks to be three plugs on just the passenger seat (these seats are the factory G6 heated leather seats). The side curtain air bag wire, what appears to be a safety belt detection wire, and the heated seat wire, all go to one big plug, then that ties in to the factory harness, somewhere.

I hope to get my seats out tomorrow and see if there is indeed a plug somewhere. Either way, gonna be harder than I expected, but it should be worth it in the end.

And if all else fails, I will go with non heated seats and drop the power on the driver's side. Having the low maintenance leather (with a nine year old climbing about the car) will be nice in itself.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bob G said:
maybe this will help, maybe not. I miss the leather heated seats my GP had, I wonder if anyone has sucessfully gotten this to work with cloth

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant....de=GN2004&Product_Count=1&Category_Code=G6INT
or
http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant....e=GN2009&Product_Count=12&Category_Code=G6INT
just a note: Chrysler now offers on some models heated seats with CLOTH, for those who don't necessarily care for leather. as for me, i LOVE my heated leather seats.

by the way, Golf & Motorcycles, the seats on my G6 operate off of 2 different switches which are mounted on the outer side shield, near the driver and passenger knee.

sounds like a real project you got going there....good luck!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need more than luck, and I don't I will get it, lol.

As of right now, the rear and passenger seats are in the car. I gave up on the heat and power, as all the plugs tie in together to one final plug, and all, in some way or form, involve or appear to involve the wires for the side airbags in these seats. A few wrong wires connected and the airbags blow and then I got more problems.

So, I'm settling for leather and no power, and almost done.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i don't have side airbags on my GT, but i would imagine that the reason the seat wiring is tied into the side airbags is to sense if and when there is actually someone in the seat. for example, if you have a passenger side impact and there is no one in the passenger seat, i would doubt that the side airbag would deploy. this would be done to reduce the expense of replacing an airbag that had been deployed when it wasn't necessary.

you ask then, why the drivers seat? there will always be a driver in the seat, right? not necessarily if the car is parked and is hit in the drivers side, again there is no need to deploy the drivers side airbag. believe me, airbags are VERY expensive and are sometimes the reason a car is totalled, because the cost of airbag replacement puts the repair over and above the insurance companies guidelines.

better off just settling for the Leather Seats and leave it at that. wise decision.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
As far as power to seat goes the heated seat system uses a battery feed and an accessory ignition feed to enable system. The driver seat has a separate larger battery feed for the power seats.

Both driver and passenger heated seats are fed off same power feed circuit. The module, switch, heating elements and sensor are reason you see all the wires in your seats.

The thorax airbag is pretty much stand-alone and goes thru a separate yellow connector to the main body harness. Only the driver seat has a seatbelt switch.

The 2006 model added passenger airbag suppression system and so the passenger seat wiring on those vehicles is much more complicated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts