Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple things.....
First a tuner shop by my house says they have the software for my car. I drive an 08 2.4L just wondering what to ask him to make sure its correct, cause I've always heard only wams had the tune.

Second. I Got an intake and now wana get the tune. Anything I have to do before that to get the most out of it. What can I do for a 2.4 cams? Headers? Throttle body? I Mean anything at all, new spark plugs, belts, pulleys gotta be something.

·
Registered
441 Posts
IMO it all comes down to your pocketbook. I've seen videos of 2.4's with turbos - now granted that will set you back a pretty penny and it needs some modification beyond slapping it on. As the vehicle becomes older more and more parts are becoming available. Plugs, headers, intake, exhaust, tune and motor mounts are prob the easiest. I have not seen anything for camshafts, pulleys or belts but again, with the right pocketbook you can get whatever you want haha! Good luck, keep us updated!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Unless you can get the tune for sub-100 bucks, then go with WAMS. I spent $300 on a tune at my local shop and it was a joke. I was pretty much scammed. Note I have the 3.5L, but that's irrelevant for the G6's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thats what im afraid of. If i get the tune it will be a waste of money going to a shop.. I look into WAMS just i dont kno much about cars and what not so its hard for me to spend you know 500 on something i know nothing about. Also i cant find anything about headers or really anything to make my car a little faster besides tune exhaust and intake. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I know you want to make the best out of your G6, but going anymore than those three options is a waste of money for the 2.4l. With all that money, you could just trade in for a V6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts