Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was cruising around in my G6 and i got pulled over on friday night (July 28, 2012) for a Speed/Care Required. thats what it saids on the ticket and its 30 dollars... by the way the speed limit was 35. what the citation is, is that she told me she knew i was going fast but she did NOT clock me on her radar. so i was thinking why not take it to court because she has absolutely no proof that i was going fast. she asked me how fast i was going and i told her maybe 40-45Mph. please give me some advise. and also if you have any advise on how i should battle it out in court please help me out.

·
Gpof59
46 Posts
What state is this law enacted in? Anyway's, if this citation includes loss of POINTS, then I would take it to court. As you know, loss of point's means higher auto insurance. If you go to court, just tell the judge like it happened. $30.00 fine is better than losing points, getting the whole citation dropped even better yet. Good Luck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Depends on a lot. What state? Was it a local ordinance or state ticket? Are there court fees added if you're found guilty? Will points be assessed to your licence and/or your insurance company notified?
I'll tell you this much, if you told the cop that you were speeding, even if you only admitted to 5 over the limit, that cop can testify to your admission and you'll be found guilty in that alone. Most times, that is. All depends on the judge in the end.

Either way, we need more info to help you out.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
A little trick to try next time (not saying your a repeat offender haha) if a cop asks you if you know how fast you were going, don't fall into their trap by responding. Just say no. If you would have said no, and since she had no proof, she may have let you go with a warning.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
Also, if they ask "do you know why I pulled you over?" don't incriminate yourself by responding to that either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Depends on the state, but i know here in New York police officers are trained to judge speed on eyesight alone and can and will write tickets just by pacing your speed. totally legal and will stand in court

Personally i would skip the trouble of going to court and just pay the 30 bucks unless there are points involved...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts