Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed this morning when I went to go to work that my dash emblem (I guess that's what it is called) was missing. I've searched all over the car and even took the dash apart and cannot find it. I called the local junkyard to see if they had one and they don't. I live in a very small town and there's only one junkyard within miles of this place. Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I hate having a hole in my dash and would like to replace it. It can't cost that much. I'm just having trouble finding it. I've searched online but I'm not even sure if I'm calling it the right thing.

I've taken a picture of where it would be if it were if that helps. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Did you check to see if it fell between the seat and the console? Crazy how it just falls out. I tried finding one for another user to no avail. If I find anything I'll let you know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
is that the one that said whether there is a passenger in the passenger seat? mines never fallen but i would definitely check between your seats first

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mine has a restraint system indicator on it, not sure if yours does but if it does maybe its hanging by the wires on the inside.

Either way heres the part number for the plug without the restraint idicator
Expensive part though...

·
Registered
447 Posts
And actually heres the part number for the one with the indicator

might just wanna get that one regardless since i found some cheap ones on ebay

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one in my car just said G6 on it. It didn't have an indicator or anything. I'm guessing other models have the indicator and mine was just a basic plug. I'm not sure if the indicator one will fit in the hole I have or not, but I suppose it will. What do you think?

·
Registered
447 Posts
It should work as i believe the center console from all of them are the same part number regardless, I can check for sure later if you want. If i were you i would just get the cheap one with the indicator cuz who cares if the indicator light doesnt go on, atleast it will look stock and not have a hole.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The airbag indicator is thinner and is longer. On the 05 g6 it's just says g6 there and it is shorter and taller than the airbag indicator.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
447 Posts
definetely possible. Darkimus if you wanna take measurements on that hole size (height and width) and post them up, i can pop mine off and measure mine as i have the one with the indicator, and then that will let you know for sure whether it will fit or not

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. Mine came off when I was trying to install a new stereo. It is basically a little plastic clip with just a G6 logo on it. Looks like what is in the picture.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts