Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 pontiac g6 4 door. It through a rod so I am going to swap in a 3.9 with the manual 6 speed conversion. I need help with figuring out all the parts I need.

parts list so far:

clutch
clutch master cylinder
hydraulic lines
clutch pedal
interlock switch
smaller brake pedal
shift knob and linkage
speed sensor
manual ecu
transmission.

that's all I have now I.need to know if there is anymore parts?

thank you guys I'm new to the website and appreciate any help I can get!

·
Registered
64 Posts
talk to mike he is the only one i know who has done the swap, he is at milzymotorsports.com:beer:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please get mike to talk to you here or somthing. Ive got the 06 GT and i wana swop the 4-speed tapshit for a 6-speed manual. Dose the gtp/gxp 6speed have TapShift, coz that sounds like another option?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
My GXP has tap shift with the 6-speed tranny. My wife's GT has tap shift with the 4-speed. The 6 speed shifts are much smoother.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Auto to manual conversion...just off the top of my head, here goes:

-Clutch pedal (bracket assembly w/ brake pedal) + starting sensor and cruise disengage switch
-Shifter assembly + linkage cables and cable bracket for trans
-trans (will come with speed sensor and reverse sensor)
-trans mounts (left side, front, rear)
-axle, only right side will be needed...left side is the same between auto and manual
-hydraulic setup...master cyl w/ reservoir and line to trans. F40 has internal slave

Just off the top of my head.....more parts than that I'm sure. I have an F40 that getting matched up with an L67 and going in my '00 GAGT. I already installed a Getrag 282 5-speed manual in that car but the gearing sucks. F40 gearing is roughly the same but since 5th and 6th are both overdrive gears, it's like having one more gear to knock the RPMs down a little for better highway MPG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts