Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I notice that my steering wheel wobbles or moves a bit while I'm driving. Does anyone knows what is wrong? I am not really good in car maintenance.Thanks!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I think a bad alignment or an unbalanced wheel.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lately I notice that my steering wheel wobbles or moves a bit while I'm driving. Does anyone knows what is wrong? I am not really good in car maintenance.Thanks!
If electric, have a dealer check it, my 09 does on start up a few times. The wheel rocks for about 20 seconds, has never done it driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The power steering is going to go out. It may not be now and it may not be for 3 years but it will. It is electric so don't even look for a place to put fluid. My wife's did a little shimmy and we tried everything from balancing the wheels to alignments, struts, and finally the power steering went out. If you drive it with the power steering out it doesn't shake anymore! i'm in the middle of replacing the column right now, I'm waiting for the air bag to lose power so i can take it out so that is why i'm on here instead of outside :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the dealership last Monday and they found a screw on one of my front tire. Shaking/vibrating was gone for a day but yesterday morning when I start the engine I felt my steering wheel is wobbling and vibrating again. So I think I have to go back to the dealership and will see what will they find this time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.