Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 06 sedan, and I had a little accident a few days ago involving a jeep's spare tire and my trunk...And now I have a decent sized dent on the back left of the trunk. It is pretty big, vertically dented, it doesn't go past the half way of the trunk, it's over on the side. I've tried to pop it out from the two small holes on the flip side of the trunk but to no avail by means of my hands and other devices. I was wondering if anyone has the solution, because I need it fixed and can't really afford a new one.

Sorry if that confused you, thanks!

· Casanova&Beautiful 12/09
20 Posts
Well, I had the same problem, just last night. Only difference was a mailbox, not a Jeep. I was pretty agitated by the situation. My fiance' mentioned a plunger, and I wanted a quick fix. I picked up a brand new plunger (for certain sanitary reasons), and I went to town on it.

The dent was pretty deep, and vertical. Getting the suction was a bit tricky, at first.

Best plan of attack:

Put suction source at each "Corner" of the dent(Upper left, Upper right, Lower right, and Lower left). On the last corner, I hear a loud pop....

I passed my hand over the trunk, was like new...save for the difference in where the metal was a bit weakened (That is to be expected, kinda like warped wood).

· Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
Your best pet is to go to autozone and get a a suction cup dent puller for like 6.99..Trust me its worth it. I had all four doors kicked in by this chicks ex and it popped them out like it was nothing

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Your best pet is to go to autozone and get a a suction cup dent puller for like 6.99..Trust me its worth it. I had all four doors kicked in by this chicks ex and it popped them out like it was nothing
that's intense haha :eek:

· Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
that's intense haha :eek:
Lol its some bs gotta go to court..damage sums up to 5K. But that dent thing from autozone worked..I was a little skeptical and felt dumb buying it but its worth every penny :D

· Professional geek
433 Posts
You could try heating up the area with a hair dryer until it is toasty warm (not enough to bubble the paint). Next turn a can of dust remover (air in a can, etc) so it is upside down and will spray out liquid and quickly cool off the area. This may cause the metal to first relax, then suddenly shrink back to its normal shape. When spraying the canned air, don't get the liquid on your hands or hold the can too long as it can cause frostbite.

~ MattInSoCal

· Professional geek
433 Posts
ive heard of that before but never tried it....does it work?
I've seen a few YouTube videos. It depends on the nature of the damage and how much give there will be in the area. The method will work best with bowl-shaped dents in areas that don't have a lot of support structure behind it. A dent with a crease probably won't be fixable with this method.

~ MattInSoCal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.