Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, heres my problem: i have baught a eyar ago a DDM tuning 35W 600k HID slim ballast kit and yesturday, i guess one of the bulbs burnt out. the problem might be because its not waterproofed corrently. when i installed the HID i had to make a hole in the headlight caps to make the wires pass there. i guess thats the problem with the waterproofing. anyways, i was wondering if it would be better to just buy new HID Bulbs from ebay ( because HID bulbs from ddmtuning are way too expensive including the 32$ shipping) or maybe should i get angel eyes for my 2008 G6 sedan? i have to pick one asap so please help me out. if anybody can help me find some angel eyes for my G6 around 200$ that are tested and worth the money, then i would buy those. if not, then please help me find a good company or a good offert on ebay for some 6000k 35W HID Bulbs that would fit DDM tunning ballasts. THANKS ALOT! this forum is of very much help thanks to all of you :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Give DDM a call. They have a lifetime warranty, I dont know what it covers but you may be covered under it. A bit of moisture in the headlight should not really affect the bulb.

If you do need to get new bulbs, I'd pay the extra and get the DDM. The ebay ones arent going to be a whole lot better if not worse than DDMs.

Even if you get angel eyes, your still going to need a new bulb for your headlight. But for which angel eyes to get, the Oracle ones will probably be your best bet. One problem though is that your going to have a hard time opening your headlights since the sealant got changed on them around 07.

Another option would be to get the Eagle Eyes headlights, which have angel eyes and projectors. However that is slightly more money.

·
Registered
556 Posts
^ I think he sold those. Doesn't hurt to ask tho.

Jocelyn

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright so whats the best eagles eyes i can get? also, i have tried the username yomommasaidwhat and it says it doesn't exist on the forum :O

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking right now weather it would be better to get a complete new HID kit but 55W 6000k this time (have a 35W now). with a h11 bulb set. would that be better? i heard its brighter.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i also baught a set of HID bulbs h11 for 10$ free shippiung on ebay from a top seller company and i think id prefer paying 10$ every 6 months then paying 15$ + 32$ shipping from ddm tuning every 12 months lol you know what i mean?

·
Registered
911 Posts
theres only one type of eagle eye headlight, he's def a member maybe i spelled it wrong, 55w over 35w would only wash out the color of the light and be brighter, unnecessary for lowbeams, and i've had my HID's for a year now and haven't had a problem- i'm sure it was the water that affected your bulb.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so if i buy CCFL just as everyone wants , do i need to buy anything else with the pair of eagle eyes headlights? any cables or anything? btw can i use ddm tuning HID kit? and what connectors would i need for the low beams? thanks alot!

·
Registered
392 Posts
The eagle eye head lights are plug and play, you don't even need to wire the halos. You can use your existing ddm HID ballast but you'll see H7 bulbs for the low beam.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright great. well i would buy them right now :p. can you plese give me the exact link for the Eagle eyes? so that i dont buy the wrong thing? i wouldnt like to fail and buy the wrong headlights lol.
ill be waiting for the post. thanksa lot :).
oh and btw is it ebay?

·
Registered
911 Posts
yes ebay and search eagle eye (black or chrome) pontiac g6 and just know what you're buying. i cant use ebay at work so i can't hook ya up with a link. the eagle eyes look better built and don't have a clear skinny tube on the top of the housing

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright cool :p thats good to know. now which one should i pick? xD i would go with the saber because i heard about them making these headlights. or should i go with the others because they are 3$ cheaper haha. anyways they are both free shipping :p. but are you guys sure these last long?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Last long in what way? There's pretty much been no negative comments about them on either G6 site.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok nice. now, i ahve a problem. if i want to put HIDs on them, how do i do that? cose right now what i ahve on my stock headlights are DDM Tuning 600k 35W low beam HIDs and i had to make a hole in the plastic covers of the bulb to make the wries of the HIDs pass through. And i think that is the problem why my HIDs bulb burnt, so id like to know whats the best way to pass the wires for the HIDs so that my headlights is completly waterproof.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Drilling into the dust covers is the only way to wire HIDs on our stocks/EEs. How big was your hole? My stock dust covers have a 7/8in hole and the rubber grombit on the HID wire fits snuggly. I've never got moisture inside or a burnt bulb.

Installing HIDs on the EEs is almost the same as the stocks. Drill a hole in the dust cover to feed the wires. But you need an H7 bulb for the low beam.

·
Registered
911 Posts
just an fyi...the stock dust covers DO fit on the Eagle Eyes. just in case you don't wanna go about drilling again, plus you're not destroying two sets of headlights' covers in case you wanna sell the stockers as an undamaged piece

1 - 20 of 20 Posts