Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I need to replace the (gunmetal) colored area surrounding the window and mirror buttons on my 2008 Pontiac G6 4dr sedan (basic 4cyl model). Everything works fine, its just the silver color got all scratched up and looks horrible so I want it replaced. The GM parts site doesn't show pics or illustrations so I can confirm if I am trying to order the right part.

I was thinking this could be it...but there is no pic so IDK....any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Switch cover , Driver side, Gunmetal Left
BEZEL Coupe & convertible
DOOR » Kick pad
Pontiac › G6 › 2006-2009
List Price :$ 43.21
Your Price :$ 34.57

·
Registered
556 Posts
How about just painting it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hello! I need to replace the (gunmetal) colored area surrounding the window and mirror buttons on my 2008 Pontiac G6 4dr sedan (basic 4cyl model). Everything works fine, its just the silver color got all scratched up and looks horrible so I want it replaced. The GM parts site doesn't show pics or illustrations so I can confirm if I am trying to order the right part.

I was thinking this could be it...but there is no pic so IDK....any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Switch cover , Driver side, Gunmetal Left
BEZEL Coupe & convertible
DOOR » Kick pad
Pontiac › G6 › 2006-2009
List Price :$ 43.21
Your Price :$ 34.57
You realize in the part description it says coupe right? No idea if that's correct or what I found is correct but going by the catalog on gmpartsdirect I found

Collision Catalog - 2006 - Pontiac - G6
Front door, Interior trim, Switch cover, Driver side, Driver side Left - Sedan - Sedan
part # 25852016

I'm looking at part #14

It looks to be the correct piece and it's only the cover, not the switches/buttons. I'm NOT responsible if that's the wrong part though :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You realize in the part description it says coupe right? No idea if that's correct or what I found is correct but going by the catalog on gmpartsdirect I found

Collision Catalog - 2006 - Pontiac - G6
Front door, Interior trim, Switch cover, Driver side, Driver side Left - Sedan - Sedan
part # 25852016

I'm looking at part #14

It looks to be the correct piece and it's only the cover, not the switches/buttons. I'm NOT responsible if that's the wrong part though :cool:
No I didn't realize it said coupe....my car is a 2008. I don't need the switches just the silver colored plate that goes around them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
No I didn't realize it said coupe....my car is a 2008. I don't need the switches just the silver colored plate that goes around them.
Year shouldn't matter. IMO the easiest way is to check out some local junkyards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Year shouldn't matter. IMO the easiest way is to check out some local junkyards.
aww :) I am very pregnant & have 2 kids at home while my husband is busy building a house after work. So the easiest thing for me is to order it online and have it shipped to my door haha. I just can't believe the part would only be $2.86 ...so I don't think it's right.

I don't even know where a junk yard is ;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
aww :) I am very pregnant & have 2 kids at home while my husband is busy building a house after work. So the easiest thing for me is to order it online and have it shipped to my door haha. I just can't believe the part would only be $2.86 ...so I don't think it's right.

I don't even know where a junk yard is ;)
Haha. I had to replace the drivers side door trim piece in my car and it costs $40 from the dealer so I know why you're skeptical. Maybe try giving a gm parts center a call?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts